Well, everyone loved it. Had a great time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTWaW9HB … e=youtu.be
Managed to turn 6 laps in total, only 2 under green. Finished 80th out of 79 that started, no idea how that happened, lol. Solid showing for a Lancia.
Got 3 drivers strapped in and on the track. Order of operations:
1. Engine died on lap 2 (maybe lap 1?). Towed back in.
2. Blowing oil somewhere out the motor and missing a lot of engine water. No ignition spark. Figured out the spark was a bad coil, not working. Replaced with spare. Once running the oil was blowing out of the dip stick tube causing low oil pressure and a mess. Pulled it out, wrapped the broken seal with electrical tap and RTV. Solved the leak/pressure issue. Water was leaking out of the cracked/broken plastic overflow tank. Apparently my as seen on TV rubber spray doesn't like hot temps. Duck tape solution and re-filled water.
3. Back out on track with Driver #2 (wife, who's just learned to drive a manual this week). Made it 2 laps before I called her in for a ton of water blowing out the back. She parked it in the grass in turn 1.
4. Trip to the parts store by crew for any overflow tank they had. In the interim I found an extension socket and bolt to plug the holes. We refilled the water lines, radiator, then blocked off the coolant overflow tank. Driver #3 into the car.
5. Battery wouldn't start the car. Spare battery wouldn't fit in the hold down. Jumped the car with my truck to get it running.
6. Driver #3 made it about 200 yards onto the track before it died. Was blowing water about 8 feet out of the passenger side exhaust.
Noon, called it a day and packed it up. Sunday: spent the afternoon on the boat with the kids water skiing.
Lemon's people loved it and want me to do a motor swap and come back next year. I'm not sure I have the time/want to do it yet. Either sell it, cut it up for scrap or jump two feet in and motor swap it (Saab B234R?) for 2021 season.
Oh, and the aftermarket brakes were sh*t. I likely have air in the lines still or a bad Master Cylinder.
For those of you wanting to know about $. Final all in, non exempt cost: $330.75. Exempt items (Safety, etc.): $8,374.99 including race registration fees. I wasn't sure if I needed it, but I built a builder and kept every receipt.