Topic: Fire Supression - Midwest

Our bottle is up at the end of the year and re-certifying the bottle is going to be difficult to get it back to the manufacturer.   I did not consider the recert logistics when buying it in the first place.  Any Midwest teams know of a manufacturer that has a dealer in the Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska area that provides re-certification?  Is it just easier to get a new bottle every 2 years when it is up?

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Re: Fire Supression - Midwest

You can ship it any where empty !!

That's not what he needs!  The tank needs to be re-cert. every two years, even if it's still full and never been "used".
The question I have is does this service really need to be done of is it  just another way for a these companies to keep making money off you

. Personally I think it's a big scam between the FIA and the safety companies to bleed the "little guy" racer of their money. Just like seat belts! Production seat belts never get replaced but racing belts need to be replaced either every two years or five depending on if they have a SFI or FIA cert. I'm not just bitching here, I have talked to some people in the industry that admit that a belt in good condition should easily  last 5 years and shouldn't cost $2-300 dollars but to get the FIA cert they have to pay them a major portion of their profits to get that tag.

That's the delima.  I can ship empty but the cost to refill would point me more to getting a new bottle every two years.  I already have one out of date bottle sitting in the shop and im about to have two.  I might give the local FD a call and see if they want to set a car on fire and do a demonstration on how these work.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

I emptied my Spa Technique bottle and shipped it to Discovery Motorsports in Dahlonega, GA, earlier this summer.  They inspected, refilled, and returned for $125 including return shipping. It'll cost more if you wait until after the expiration date.  I think they have to pressure test it then.

I'm pretty sure it is still cheaper getting a 2 yr old bottle re-cert then replacing it entirely. +1 on sending it out, last year we did a full recert/refill for the above mentioned $125 + standard postage of the empty bottle.

Have heard 2nd hand from those that do the refilling that there are many alarming things found inside the bottle, including rust, detached pickup tubes and degraded suppressant from age or freezing, do I believe it, partially, as it was only a general statement, rather then focused on 2 yr old bottles.

Huskar:
For other reasons, we are up to replace ours at the end of this year, and would be willing to price all the options if provided with pertinent info on both your bottles, if viable and cost effective, we may be interested in buying one of your old ones.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!