Topic: Mechanical Engineer who wants to join a Lemons Team in Houston

Hello, my name is Patrick, I am a fresh graduate Mechanical Engineer who hopefully has something to contribute to a Lemons team and would love to help a Lemons team as both a wrench and a driver. I can't really travel outside of the Houston area and am very budget-restricted as most 23-year-olds are. I would pay my fair share though to a team. If anyone is interested in getting another guy to help out text me at (832) 570-3072.

Uses for someone like me:

Mechanical Systems
Aero
Reliability Engineering

Re: Mechanical Engineer who wants to join a Lemons Team in Houston

Paging Neil Jackson to the white courtesy phone.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

3 (edited by bobnowoc 2020-09-30 09:23 PM)

Hi. My name is Bob. I have raced 1 race.
For that race I was Captain and a driver.

I got two of my drivers from this forum. I'll tell you how I found them.

1. Post on to the Forum marked 'drivers looking for teams'
2. Consistently read the forum' teams looking for drivers'  .
3. The season is almost over , so there's not a lot of races left. The new schedule of races for 2021 comes out end of November.
4. Repeat Step 1 and 2 on December 1st
5. Expect to pay the team about $700 for a seat
6. If you don't have a race uniform helmet and Hans device, you can rent them from race suit rental. Com
They charge you $200 for a full suit, but they require a $500 refundable deposit
7.  A 24-hour race should have no more than six drivers on the team. Most races are not 24 hours, there's only two or three 24 hour races a year. A 24 hour race split 6 ways means each SHOULD drive about 3 hours
8. A 14-hour Race, easily the most common, should have no more than four drivers per team.  A 14 hour race split 4 ways means you each should drive about 3 hours
9. Ask the captain of lot of questions about the car and the team before you Fork over your $700. You want a reliable car, that already runs. You don't want to find out two days before the race at the race car not finished and your not going. There are no refunds. You don't want to find out at the track your car is unreliable and spends 10 hours up on jack stands trying to get repaired.
10.  Read the rules at least twice. 
11. Ask a lot of questions on the forum.
12. Watch the 24 hours of Lemons YouTube channel

Good luck. Bob

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

We will be at MSR in November, but are full up on drivers. If you don't find a seat driving, we'd be glad to have you join us as crew to see Lemons up close. Three of our team members are early-twenties mechanical engineers, one of whom lives in Houston.

PM if interested.

Stan Murrell

Patrick do you have any experience? HPDE, Autocross or the like?

Team Apex Vinyl: 1977 Toyota Truck
Gator-O-Rama 2009 Dangerous Banned Technology
Yee-Haw 2011 Index Of Effluency
Gator-O-Rama 2012 I Got Screwed