Topic: Lifeline USA Fire Marshal Zero 2000 4-liter System Question

I can't figure out how to uncouple the hose connectors, and I don't want to risk damage.  Does anyone know how to properly take them apart?

Thanks!!

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Re: Lifeline USA Fire Marshal Zero 2000 4-liter System Question

If memory serves you can wedge a flat-tip screwdriver between the end collar and the body of the fitting and give it a twist, spreading them a bit. (Or I'm 100% wrong and you need to compress the 2 parts together.)

It's killing me that I can't remember for sure, but when done correctly the tube will slide out easily.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

The page below has these instructions: "To remove the tubing, push the tube into the fitting and pull the black collar on the fitting in the same
direction. Once this is done, pull the tube from the fitting."

Page 9: http://www.goodridge.nu/gcat/ancillar/l … s%20v4.pdf

Also, I took a ton of time cutting the plastic-covered aluminum tubing with a tubing cutter then pushed a tapered punch to uncompress the end of the cut tubing. My teammate just used a pair of scissor-looking hose cutters and it was fast, clean and didn't squish the tubing.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

Thanks.

I tried but the few connections I attempted did not seem to want to come apart.  Now that I know for sure I will give a little more effort.

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

-SDR- wrote:

Thanks.

I tried but the few connections I attempted did not seem to want to come apart.  Now that I know for sure I will give a little more effort.

Bill

Did this end up working?

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Did not get a chance to try again: Fall Failiage.....

They're push to connect fittings. Push the ring part into the fitting then push the tube in to the fitting (same direction) and pull the tube out. The reason for the push-pull is to get the "teeth" which bites into the hose a chance to release before pulling out. If you're having a hard time try using a 8MM flare nut wrench (or open end wrench) to push in on the ring.