Topic: Wrench in East Bay SF

Looking for a wrench in the East Bay SF, CA. Already have 1 competent wrench, looking for a second to potentially join the team.  Got some projects were working on.  We’re cool, you be the same.

CYBERFUKD
1990 Ford Ranger

Re: Wrench in East Bay SF

Hi I’m new to this but I am a hobby mechanic that has rebuild dozens of engines and know cars inside and out.  What kind of commitment would something like this take?

I'm a newb as well. Good driver, good welder/fabricator, mediocre mechanic. In Oakland.

Hey, San Jose here but east bay’s driving distance, I’ll take any opportunity you got to work/drive on cars

Hello,
im out of state for the moment but im looking to do a couple races. i have a 1998 Honda civic cx. i have title despite owing 500 in back fees to the state.. it was rear ended 2 years ago but even after sitting all this time it still cranks up and will drive straight at highway speeds. i have no track exp. but im a good driver and know enough about machines to be dangerous...jk lol. i have basic tools also. Before i was rear ended i spent about 1800$ on lowering the car with good parts put in a new clutch with a rebuild 5 speed new cv axels basically from the wheels up its good just ugly. it will need a timing belt and water pump serviced if its gonna be a good 24 hour car. but i actually have those parts. along with rear brakes. (fronts are freshly done with drilled rotors and will last the race season). has CEL but im guessing its emissions related since it drives fine just idles a little high on cold starts. i just moved to Pensacola FL but my folks live in American canyon and the car lives there too... i putt too much time into the thing and i hate to see it go to the pick and pull. im not swimming in cash but have enough resources where this could be fun and still have a chance to collect the purse if we play our cards right.

I captain a NorthBay team looking for a wrench! Please PM me if you want to join for Buttonwillow, possibly also Sonoma in December. And if you are willing to come up and help me prep our cars over the next few weekends that would also be extremely valuable!

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014