1 (edited by reBianco 2021-03-07 08:53 PM)

Topic: New racer. A couple questions!

Hello! Rookie hour here. So I read some rules, checked some forums out, and I can’t seem to find answers for these two questions me and my colleagues are butting heads on.

1: Can teams have unlimited pit crew? As long as they pay the $75 extra? Or is it limited to 7 or 6 (I don’t remember exactly...) not DRIVERS. Just pit crew. We already have four designated drivers.

2: Rule 4.2.1 confuses me a hair. Does that mean that all of the items in rule 3 COUNT or DO NOT COUNT towards your vehicle’s $500 limit?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and I can’t wait to see you on the track. Thank you!

Re: New racer. A couple questions!

1. I don't believe there is a limit on crew.  If you do run into a cap, ask here and someone here will put them in their roster.
2.  Basically it's saying anything in section 3 AND in section 4.2.1 is exempt from the $500.  Section 4.1.2 should be noted.  $2000 worth of aero to make your car safer so it "won't fly", will not fly with the judges.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Re: New racer. A couple questions!

1) there is no limit ordinarily. Please note that only people who you expect to have physical contact with the car are really required to be "pit crew" and pay the $75 or whatever it is now fee.

In the era Pre-COVID, if people were just going to hang out in your pits and cook for you or give massages or turn down your sleeping bag at night and put a little mint on your pillow, they could all be just spectators and pay the spectator gate fee and technically were not allowed to touch the car. But in the COVID era where spectators are not allowed, the only access I guess to get in the gate is to have your name on the list as either crew or drivers so I can see where someone may have lots of crew needing to be registered.

Typically if you exceed the number of spaces available on your registration page to be able to add the number of drives or crew that you want, a simple email to Nick will often have him open up some more blank slots on the team reg page.