1 (edited by harnishclan 2021-03-12 08:50 PM)

Topic: Rookies joining the party

Getting ready for Houston in November.  Formed a team a three other gullible idiots. Stumbled on a great deal of a car and bought an established lemon from Piston Broke Racing in the form of a Mitsubishi Eclipse along with a complete running parts car.  Spending time cleaning up the car, reading rules, and updating the safety equipment. We will be ready for November!  Maybe not the fastest, actually with 90hp in a 28 year old chassis not even close, but first part is to have fun and complete the day running.

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse because 90’s hot hatches rule.

Re: Rookies joining the party

harnishclan wrote:

Getting ready for Houston in November.  Formed a team a three other gullible idiots. Stumbled on a great deal of a car and bought an established lemon from Piston Broke Racing in the form of a Mitsubishi Eclipse along with a complete running parts car.  Spending time cleaning up the car, reading rules, and updating the safety equipment. We will be ready for November!  Maybe not the fastest, actually with 90hp in a 28 year old chassis not even close, but first part is to have fun and complete the day running.

Smart timeline, good choice starting with an already running Lemons car, good priorities going over the rules early (recommend several times), and realistic expectations for your first race. I'd say you're on the right (money-losing) track for a great time in Lemons!

Hope to see you at MSR!

Re: Rookies joining the party

We will be there!  I live 15 miles north of MSR and drive there often in my non Lemons car.

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse because 90’s hot hatches rule.