1 (edited by Dousing Flames 2021-04-05 01:30 PM)

Topic: "Dousing Flames" Looking for Teammates(s) at Thunder Hill May 29-30

This car is the "805" Jackalope that is being rebranded. It has a long history of fast, solid runs and it is relatively easy to drive  We are fresh off a 3rd in class run, and 32nd overall at Sonoma. If we could have avoided 4 turn 9 penalties, we would have won class C and been top 15. The car is in the Roseville, CA area. There is no commitment prior to race weekend, this car will be race ready. This is a proven car that flat out runs. We are by no means a Mazda or BMW, but we can more than hold our own.

We are looking for a few things. Someone who can transport the car, drive and wrench. The 1/4 share cost is $1250.00. That includes entry, practice, race, tires, fuel, oil, transponder, If you have an enclosed trailer that can transport, we can discuss offsetting the cost to use it. Please don't PM me if your plan is to rent a U-Haul and want to pay 50 bucks.

We would be more than happy to accept a wrench only who knows their way around a VW.  With the right creds, I would pay a good portion of their costs.

As a bonus, your friend and family will likely be able to watch your super driving abilities live. We stream the races with an in car camera, and telemetry.

2 (edited by Bricoop 2021-04-05 06:03 PM)

Re: "Dousing Flames" Looking for Teammates(s) at Thunder Hill May 29-30

$1250 per driver? Yikes.

You may want to clarify if $1,250 gets you 1/4 of the car, which might make some financial sense, or a seat at T-hill. As Bricoop's post suggests, $1250 for a race weekend is unusually expensive for a "C" car...double what some team's charge.

I know it is a good car and should be fun for a new team. Good luck with it.

--Bill

OP did say "teammate", not just driver.