Topic: NJ drivers needed

Car: 1987 Honda Prelude, average class B car, seat on sliders, relatively predictable and easy to drive, manual tranny, runs well and just finished the Pittsburgh race, ran all weekend without a glitch, came in 8th in B, 22nd overall....Car does not have power steering (not hard to turn though) and no power brakes (booster disconnected, not hard to brake but does take getting used to it, and then braking will be much more predictable.....)

Driver: no experience necessary, I will take novices (thats how I started in Lemons many years back...), you don't need to be super fast since I will not be trying to win anything, but you need to be willing to help out any way you can.  No arrogant attitudes fit in

Team: I may need 3 drivers; we don't do much with costumes, and our theme stuff is not anything fancy or creative, unfortunately....I just don't have time....we/I am in cahoots with the Great Globs of Oil team.  We usually get garages together and our "Brotherhood" (sisterhood) has skilled mechanics, drivers, gophers, cooks, beer drinkers, etc.  We have a pot luck community table with lots of food, drinks, beer, grab and go, nothing fancy

I plan on arriving Thursday evening.  We usually do practice, but if you can't make Friday practice, thats ok too....I am driving down from Plymouth, MA

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)
RIP: Oct. 25-26, 2014 (Loudon, NH) - June 8-9, 2019 (Millville, New Jersey; Lightening)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #11 April 17-18, 2021 (Pittsburgh, PA)  --  ??

Re: NJ drivers needed

Hey there! Philly based so I am super close to Millville. I remember racing a late 80s prelude like 20 years ago so I am pretty sure that qualifies me to race on your team. Ha ! But seriously, I am comfortable driving anything from a subaru legacy beater from 1994 (my first car) to my favorite car I've owned which is an s2000. (miss that thing) But anyways, I look at 24 hrs of Lemons as a way to just let loose and have fun. After this past year, we need more fun. If we happen to place, super!

I can make Thursday-Sunday as well since I am right around the corner from the track. I can contribute as well to anything that is needed. Food, drinks, fuel, jokes. Not much of a gearhead, but I can drive the snot outta any Honda. Hit me up if you think we are a good fit!

3 (edited by bradley 2021-05-13 12:31 AM)

Sorry.  Change of Plans.

2 NJ Drivers interested. Please respond with costs.

Please let me know if you are still looking, Im interested. Thanks!

still hiring...
email sent

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)
RIP: Oct. 25-26, 2014 (Loudon, NH) - June 8-9, 2019 (Millville, New Jersey; Lightening)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #11 April 17-18, 2021 (Pittsburgh, PA)  --  ??