Topic: Fuel Cell vent??

Hello out there. 

Quick question, what is everyone doing for a fuel cell vent, for those that have a fuel cell.

We get a lot of glug and burping with our Corvette when we fill er up, I'm wondering if anyone has a better idea then how I did things.

We have a Fuel Safe cell, with a -8 vent line, I ran the line to JUST under the bottom of the cell like the rules say, with a -8 rollover valve and a little vent filter at the bottom.

Would getting a larger filter help??  Like maybe an open breather for a valve cover??

Would making the vent line shorter or longer have any real effect??

What is everyone all doing here??

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Re: Fuel Cell vent??

I'm assuming your using the vent filter with the tiny brass beads.  They do not allow enough air to flow to vent properly.  They do well keeping moisture entering the system when parked but doesn't flow air well.  I would recommend  removing that fitting and seeing if it flow better.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

I looked to the offroad baja guys when setting ours up.  Went with -16 (1") line and rollover valve, looped up to the roof and from left to right, then down to behind the bumper with no vent filter.  Filler hose is 2.5" and can suck down 5 gallons in about 5 seconds with no venting issue.  Its fast enough that I pieced together a dry break setup with used ebay stuff just to eliminate the amount of fuel we'd spill on that last can when the tank filled up.

Petrosexual Racing - 4.9 HT swap/Trashback Miata
https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=35746
BFE GP '18 - 1st in C, High Plains Drifter -19 - 1st in B/Overall
Uh oh, Spaghettios...

Fuel cell-->1" (?) vertical hose 5"ish long --> upside down u-shaped pipe who's highest point is about 12" higher than top the top of the fuel cell-->1" hose that loops a couple of times. 
We didn't run the upside down "u" initially but found that we had fuel that would fill our first loop (from splashing) which prevented the tank from venting. Swing by garage #12 at Thompson and take a look.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Thanks for the tips guys!  We will see what we can do before the next race.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!