Topic: Becoming one of the "Inn" kids

With the presumption that day two of the Rust Belt Ramble will start from The Inn at St John, I decided to just pony-up and get rooms for our team there. Well, after an hour on hold for "Reservations", I gave up and decided to head to the interwebs. From the IaSJ online reservation system, I see that the July 23-25 weekend is unavailable for reservation.

I'm a Lemons noob and I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong? Have I gotten over anxious and just need to wait a bit? Has my phone fallen prey to Russian hackers?

Thanks

Jim T, Chief Check Writer @Granny Motorsports (@granny_motorsports on the instagram machine)

'77 Ford Granada (Have you driven a Ford lately?)
28th place-'22 Rust Belt Ramble

Re: Becoming one of the "Inn" kids

I know nothing about what happens up there, but in general, if there is an event planned and there's a stated host hotel, it will undoubtedly be full by the time you get around to trying to get a room.

The normal Lemons Rally response is to find a room at a dive that is within an hour's drive, and don't sweat it. It's just a room.

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

squirrel wrote:

I know nothing about what happens up there, but in general, if there is an event planned and there's a stated host hotel, it will undoubtedly be full by the time you get around to trying to get a room.

The normal Lemons Rally response is to find a room at a dive that is within an hour's drive, and don't sweat it. It's just a room.

For sure. I was just hoping to take advantage of the full, Lemony experience. And I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was screwing up.

Jim T, Chief Check Writer @Granny Motorsports (@granny_motorsports on the instagram machine)

I understand.

Of course, the full, Lemony experience is that everything will go wrong, so you're on the right path  smile

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

I wonder if they would get pissed at us if we started a nomad village and camped out in the parking lot overnight...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

You can cross off the phone hack theory, everything is fine there, nothing to worry about.
Sincerely,
Vladimir

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

Da.  No problems.  Is good.

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

KeiCarMike wrote:

I wonder if they would get pissed at us if we started a nomad village and camped out in the parking lot overnight...

Not sure who "they" is in this sentence, but if the Rally people become a North American population of Roma, I think that's a net win for everyone?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

KeiCarMike wrote:

There may be precedent for this going all the way back to the very first night of the very first Lemons Rally involving a 1970 International Harvester 1200D in the parking lot of the officially recommended accommodations in Fallon, NV. Or so I've heard.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Finally got through. The IaSJ has rooms available (in the Lemons block).............for $260ish a night. A bit too rich for this country bumpkin. I guess if you gotta ask how much........

Who's spearheading the Parking Lot Hobo Camp?

Jimnayzum wrote:

Who's spearheading the Parking Lot Hobo Camp?

Congratulations, you appear to be the newly-appointed leader of the Parking Lot Hobo Camp.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Man, this thread gave me a laugh.  I, too, wanted to just stay at the IaSJ.  But when I saw there were no rooms available online, I just went ahead and grabbed a room at the Holiday.  It's 5 minutes away.  Just gonna get up, check out, grab breakfast, and head over in the morning.