Topic: Should I get helmet shield tearoffs?

The importance is not clear.

Re: Should I get helmet shield tearoffs?

Do you have a windshield? If so then you don't need them.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Even without a windshield, you won't need tearoffs.  Well, I can see one case where you might use the tinted ones for glare reduction but it's still easier just to wear sunglasses.

Sorta funny story.  I got called into the sin bin at Thunderhill years ago in the moke for a PUY.  Jay takes one look at me and asks "Where the hell have you been?"  He didn't give me any grief once he saw there wasn't any mud anywhere else.  I was wearing my dirt helmet which had mud caked to it except for where the tearoffs sit.  Some consider it bad luck to clean the mud off so I just always left it on there.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Not needed. You aren't going to get your visor dirty enough to need them during your stint.

What I do like doing is putting some cheap autozone window tint on my visor (if your helmet doesn't have an off the shelf tinted visor). Eliminates the need to shove glasses under the helmet and provides glare and sun protection. It's held up great for a number of years now with no bubbling or distortion.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Thanks! I wasn't sure if this was like cell phone screens needing protectors - especially the early ones.