Topic: 24h of Lemons Europe?

Hi,

Any Europeans out here? I was wandering if there will be a 24h of Lemons in Europe?
Because needing to travel to the US kind of defeats the purpose of an accessible and affordable race experience.
I would love to participate one day.

So if the answer is negative, does someone know a similar race in Europe?

Thanks and keep up the good work smile

Re: 24h of Lemons Europe?

No.  You could also travel to OZ or New Zealand (if it actually existed) but guessing that is a poor option as well.

Europe being a big place, norrowing it down would help.  That said "banger racing" exists in some Scandanavian countries, there are a number of spec low bdget series in the UK according to Bad Obsession Motorsports...and that exhausts my knowledge.

From my brief time living in Germany and later Leichtenstein I see a lot of challenges for most of central Aurope that the US does not have.  Where do you store the car?  Who has a tow rig and trailer to get it to the track?  Where are the tracks willing to rent to series that has low entry price and high volumes of engines emptying their internals on the racing surface?

Good luck and godspeed...but you have a tought challenge unless I am missing something.

Lemons spreading to Europe is going to require someone organizing the whole thing and licensing the 24 hours of Lemons name I believe. That's how the Australian branch got started. I don't believe HQ has any interest in running branches in other countries because running the main US branch is already too much work.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Lemons spreading to Europe is going to require someone organizing the whole thing and licensing the 24 hours of Lemons name I believe. That's how the Australian branch got started. I don't believe HQ has any interest in running branches in other countries because running the main US branch is already too much work.

More or less the case, yeah. We'd need a very organized, experienced, and capable team of human beings to operate it as a licensed franchise. There are several other qualifiers that we wouldn't even start discussing without demonstration of those aforementioned attributes.

The very short version is: At this moment, we probably don't have interest in expanding without someone presenting us a very complete plan.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

The rules in Britain would make it difficult to do a Lemons style race style with all the different cars with modifications.
Plus Brits are a little stuck up when it comes to racing!

Shame because there are so many cheap cars in Britain. You could buy a make it like $300 make price!!

There are options, this is the best one with the amazing Ford KA 1.3 litre (like an egg on wheels) 

https://www.enduroka.co.uk/about-enduroka/

2002 The Jag...War of X-Dependence - Class C winner Sear21