1 (edited by StigNOT 2021-06-13 06:41 PM)

Topic: NJMP Lemons folks are the best.

So, the sad part is I'm home typing this instead of loading the trailer now....

Yesterday was a very good day at NJMP.  Our team, Rescue Auto (red/white/blue e36) was having a good day, up until the very end...our driver calls in, not accelerating right, and not cornering well....bad enough to not nurse it the last 15 minutes of session....

Turns out our left rear wheel bearing had just enough of our nonsense, and departed to Valhalla, or wherever BMW-s go to die...(Lemons tracks ?). The axle boot exploded, soaking the brake and tire in heat resistant grease.....some fun, and explained the sudden lack of traction.  We like traction.....going in was the right move for everyone.

Day over, Weekend too...but that's not the story.  Boo Hoo us-we broke at Lemons.  Imagine That.

The bearing isn't done with us yet....the revengy little shit.

The car is now in the garage.  Wheel won't turn.  Not brakes...just no turn.

We can't even roll onto the trailer.

Team Capt. tasks me with "find a wheel dolly"...I set forth across the Paddock, ask a few teams, this isn't a thing even Lemons folks bring to the party.....every tool and gadget in creation, but not this one.

I eventually end up at the Lemonarians...(like the chandelier theme this year !) and they have a tractor that looks like the ones that used to pull luggage carts at the airport or work the docks....while not the wheel dolly, we are going to need some force applied.....and we (slowly) motor across the paddock.    We can drag it now, sort of, but not into the trailer.

A few more conversations with other teams and I am absolutely blown away by the level of suggestions, offer of tools, or muscle from smart people who like to play with tools.  The Winner suggestion was from the Village of Lemons Highway Dept, using the gas pan as a skid.  With the muscle of the Lemonarians Tractor (thanks Vaughn) and the skid idea, we got it into the trailer.

The final FU from the part was to break and go full Whompy Wheel on us.....in the trailer.  I can hardly wait to take this apart and do a failure analysis....(shit's fucked, get a new one)

We paid our debt with some microbrew to the Village of Lemons and a hearty thank you to the Lemonarians who would not accept any tribute.

Thanks Guys !  Lemons folks are awesome-the sharp elbows you see on the track every now and again (guilty) don't exist in the community or on the paddock.

2 (edited by weakhobo 2021-06-14 07:03 AM)

Re: NJMP Lemons folks are the best.

Call out to CPR racing for getting me home last night.

I left the race early Sunday to get home early only to lose a tire with an unpluggable hole in Washington Township. I called back to another team at the track to ask any of the BMW guys if they have a spare wheel and tire. CPR gave Team Mean and the Mechanics their spare wheel and one of Mean's crew drove the tire out to me out on route 55. Without these guys I was looking a night in New Jersey waiting for a tire store to open the next day (my BMW has no spare).

Thank you CPR and your wheel and tire will be in the mail shortly.

On another note, I think I left my two week old Costa sunglasses in the bathhouse. I would love to have them back, free point bys for life for the person that found them, lol. They are brown frames and kind of plain looking.