Topic: Are tubular bumper allowed?

I'm considering replacing our car's OEM front and rear crash rebars with tubular bumpers for no other reasons than me being bored and wanting to fabricate & weld something. I'm looking into the rules but considering these will be under the OEM plastic bumper covers, I don't think this applies..
3.10.6     Nerf Bars Not Allowed. Added structural elements that extend past the original bodywork line are not allowed. In other words, no nerf bars, wheel-protection cages, or crash bars. (Worried about your car being damaged? Here’s an idea. Don’t hit anyone.)

https://i.postimg.cc/0QHmxktD/DC2-Bumper-Bar-Redintegra-cb5f693d-762f-4de6-866d-bd37c07b293b-1024x1024.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Y05WGXBS/Screenshot-20211119-100239-Instagram-1024x1024-2x.jpg

Re: Are tubular bumper allowed?

3.4.2     OE Crush Structures. Modifications that reduce the size and/or effectiveness of OE crush structures—including but not limited to shortening or removing frame rails or unibody structures outside the wheelbase—are discouraged in the strongest possible terms. Cars with compromised OE crush structures are exceedingly likely to fail tech. Non-OE replacement crush structures are not an acceptable substitute; you and your stick welder ain’t NHTSA.

depends on if the original bumpers count as OEM crash structure. I will not speak for HQ/Pagel on that, better to ask directly.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

We purchased our car as a retired/prebuilt race car and both front and rear had nothing between the bumper skin and chassis. I didn't like it, but nobody noticed or said anything about it for 3 races. I found some very cheap thin "bash bars" made from thin wall aluminum that I purchased and installed. They're perfect because they would crumple in an accident. I'm sure tech would rather see factory crash structures, but I'm sure I can explain to them that they're crushable and that I never had the factory ones and they'll probably let it slide.

TLDR: I think your putting time into making your car worse for it's application. Factory crash structures are great for not tweaking your chassis and not adding more damage than necessary to the car you hit.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

The ultimate arbiter on whether it will fly or not is pagel@24hoursoflemons.com  He's not super amenable to the "ask forgiveness, not permission" approach.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

If you're bored, I need a couple of headlight brackets, LED highlight strips, and a center control console welded up ;-)