Topic: Sliders for kirkey seats

Trying to fit as wide a seat as possible in a small car and Kirkey seems to have the smallest outside dimensions and the largest inside dimensions. Who’s running a slider on these seats? Can you share what brackets and sliders you have used to accomplish this? I’ve got an adjustable seat back brace from our now too narrow for some of our teammates seat. Also have a slider but it may not be adaptable
   Thanks in advance

Re: Sliders for kirkey seats

We run a 17" wide Kirkey on sliders in our e30.  I built my set up.  It is mounted to the f seat mounts and has 4-1/2" rods that the seat slides on.  email me and I can send you some pics and sketches with dimensions of everything if you'd like.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Our favorite seat sliders are from a Jeep TJ.  We get them on eBay for $40 shipped usually, they are flat, even, and look a whole lot like what Sparco sells for much more.  They are double locking and it makes me happy that they survived OEM crash testing.  For a kirkey just drill holes in the right places to mount the seat to the rails.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I stripped some Thunderbird Turbo Coupe sliders down and use those.
Because, you know, TURBO. They work great, and are double-locking and crash tested.
I had some Sparco sliders at one point and they just jammed all of the time.
Factory-based sliders will ALWAYS be my go to sliders, now

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

This doesn't answer your question, but are you sure you can't hard mount? I'm 5'8 and our tallest driver is just above 6'. Both of us pass cage requirements and are both slightly uncomfortable... but not enough to notice once you're out there or for it to affect our driving "ability." It's simpler, more predictable, less things to fiddle with, and allows us to sit lower. I've been in cars with sliders and it messes with harness angles, harness tightness, and it's just more things to deal with during a driver change. Being the shortest guy on the team, I still prefer the hardmount and "we all suffer equally" mentality. To each their own, but just something to consider.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i