Topic: Hurumph NJMP

Batman and his ride "Beulah" had a great time racing/mingling with everyone.  Great job on the costumes/themes to Glue Stick racers and 3PM!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Re: Hurumph NJMP

I agree great race and Saturday’s Potluck + Band + Lemontarian parade + other assorted delinquent festivities were killer ... My new rookie driver said he loves to people watch…well he got his money’s worth!

And the weather was perfect .... which helped me put the trauma of Pitt further behind me

Cordoba

so the race recap thread...?

Great time with everyone, and big thanks to Chrissy and 3PM for organizing and working so hard to make the pot luck so much fun, live band, tons of food, great weather, etc.

Sorry that our car/driver (MarioKart /Student Driver sign...) bumped someone on Saturday, I can't recall which car, it was between 1.20 and
2. 50 pm
My driver took full responsibility for that incident, I don't know the details....he went looking to apologize
But that same driver on my team also had an accident Sunday morning, first driver, half hour into the race, but maybe not really ? his fault that time...with an Acura, newish, Integra or RSX? I think it was darkish blue color that hit him in the rear at turn 5.  I remember they seemed to be driving kind of aggressively in my opinion when I was out...kind of assuming that everyone sees them and will get out of their way when they are coming, kind of driving style....
Maybe just a particular driver on the team, maybe the whole team???
But
when they came in at the time of the incident, it seemed like there was a "loud" discussion with the judges that I thought I overheard, end with
"ok, thats it, give me, show me your arm band, its getting cut off...."
If that is true, I really hope that this did not ruin the day for the particular judge, judges are there to have a good time, just like us, and should not need to deal with....this kind of person
Anyways, I did not see much of the car later in the day....and thanks to all the judges for doing a great job!!

Anyways, hopefully our car/team did not piss anyone off....I know there were a few close incidents though...but I think in general, the drivers that I have do a good job....I don't mind constructive criticism and feed back

Cheers!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

4 (edited by Klayfish 2022-06-15 04:15 PM)

MZAVARIN wrote:

If that is true, I really hope that this did not ruin the day for the particular judge, judges are there to have a good time, just like us, and should not need to deal with....this kind of person
Anyways, I did not see much of the car later in the day....and thanks to all the judges for doing a great job!!

Cheers!

I was one of the judges that was part of the Sunday morning discussion.  The only thing I'll say is that I can assure you it did NOT ruin my day.  I'm there to have a great time, and nothing is going to ruin that.  By a vastly overwhelming majority, Lemons people are fantastic and treat each other like family.  I absolutely love working races, in any capacity.  It's a fantastic experience.  I've even dragged my wife into it and she's in love with it (she was working the gate most of the weekend, so you may have met her).

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff