Topic: Cooookie aaaah!

The Rookie Monster was piloted by a team of all young, rookies the entire weekend. The only time an experienced driver was in the car was me on the test day. I hope they didn’t annoy everyone too much. We gave them as many pearls of wisdom we could but they needed to be in it. My apologies to those they did bother but all in all, I think the did a pretty good job.

I was disappointed that we couldn’t take the final checker but the clutch gave up the ghost with an hour left. Only two drivers had significant experience driving a stick so it’s not suprising.

I would also like to give a special shout out to Garage Heroes in Training for their great sense of humor. The cookie theft was not planned in advance in any way, shape or form. We were so wrapped up in test day and tech, we didn’t even know why it was there. We just saw it sitting there in HQ and thought it would be funny to take it.

We weren’t sure what we were going to do with it. Once we saw the bolts in the bottom, it became clear what had to be done. Everyone seemed to get a big kick out of it including the owners.

If you are curious, the cookie was returned safe and sound to GHIT at the end of the races along with our thanks for rolling with the punches.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Cooookie aaaah!

Honestly, the story progression was so natural and hilarious that I don't see how anyone wouldn't have found it funny.  When I saw the video of you guys running down the front straight with the cookie bolted to the roof, it was the best laugh I got all day.  I only wish I'd still been there to see it in person.

Re: Cooookie aaaah!

When I saw them on track they were always predictable and seemed to be aware of what was going on around them.  Good job Rookie Monsters!  The cookie theft was hysterical.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook