Topic: Thompson Garages camper/ car trailer space

Our team managed to secure a garage spot for Thompson in a few weeks.  I know space around the garages is very limited and was just wondering how other teams setup their campers and car trailers outside of the garage.  Will we have to place the trailers in our space and unhook them from the tow vehicles to leave space for everyone?  We will have a 24' enclosed car hauler and a 30' foot travel trailer.

thanks!

2 (edited by Sonic 2022-07-20 06:22 AM)

Re: Thompson Garages camper/ car trailer space

The spot right across from the garage is for that garage, there are marks on the pavement to show you where to be. It is small though, you won’t have enough room for all of that with trucks with one garage space.  You can fit an RV with a trailer on it but that’s about it, so your travel trailer and car trailer will basically take up all the room unhooked.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

The spot right across from the garage is for that garage, there are marks on the pavement to show you where to be. It is small though, you won’t have enough room for all of that with trucks with one garage space.  You can fit an RV with a trailer on it but that’s about it, so your travel trailer and car trailer will basically take up all the room unhooked.

It's very tight on space. If you have both a tow rig and a camper, one will have to be kept in a different location.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

The track lets you store trailers on the infield of the oval. So best option is to unload the trailer, move it, then setup your RV or other large vehicle. Extra cars usually need to be parked across the bridge out of the way.

please don't be one of the teams that just overflows into the neighbor's parking spots and then refuses to move. No body likes those people.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

The track lets you store trailers on the infield of the oval. So best option is to unload the trailer, move it, then setup your RV or other large vehicle. Extra cars usually need to be parked across the bridge out of the way.

please don't be one of the teams that just overflows into the neighbor's parking spots and then refuses to move. No body likes those people.

Assuming HQ runs it the same as last year, the road circling HQ for track on also needs to be kept clear as well. When cars are lined for the start of the race day, that area needs to be kept clear to grid the cars and allow for safety vehicles to enter the track.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner