Topic: Looking for a stint at Joliet

Our team's car was hurting too much after gingerman and it takes a while to source Merkur parts from the UK, so we won't be ready for Joliet. I already had all the vacation time and hotel booked for the weekend so I'm still going to go. I have arrangements for getting my driver wristband already but wanted to see if anyone is looking for an extra driver to stand in for a stint during the weekend.

Veteran of dozens of Lemons races and chump series back in the day. Non-aggressive driver that turns consistent lap times, knows when to stay out of the way, doesn't kill cars and stays out of the penalty box. Have wrenching skills (especially wiring and small electronics) and tools. Can help with fuel stops, food/fuel/ice runs. Have all my own safety gear.

Just seeing what's out there at this point. No preference in car class or setup (obviously, since I've driven the simca before). If you have a last minute dropout after the window closes, keep me in mind as I'll be there with a driver wristband already.

Let's gooooooo!

World record simca driver, kei car owner, zymurgist
1989 Merkur XR4Ti - Project Merkur Space Program - Winner "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Re: Looking for a stint at Joliet

I can vouch for Mike.  He has driven with us (Half-Fast Racing) before. He takes care of the car, drives clean, pitches in, and is easy to get along with. Not too proud to race a Beetle (or a Simca), so fairly low standards.

Mike, we still have the chair you left behind (was it CMP or NOLA?).  It is still in the trailer, so we'll have it at NCM and Atlanta if you're coming to either of those races.

Stan in Bham wrote:

I can vouch for Mike.  He has driven with us (Half-Fast Racing) before. He takes care of the car, drives clean, pitches in, and is easy to get along with. Not too proud to race a Beetle (or a Simca), so fairly low standards.

Mike, we still have the chair you left behind (was it CMP or NOLA?).  It is still in the trailer, so we'll have it at NCM and Atlanta if you're coming to either of those races.

I've really missed that chair! We'll see you at NCM (that I left behind at NCM last year).

1989 Merkur XR4Ti - Project Merkur Space Program - Winner "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Just sent you a forum email.

If you haven’t found a seat and really want to drive a stint we might be able to help. We have 3 drivers as of now (2 owners and a first timer). The car is a Neon that’s kinda slow. This will be our 3rd race but 1st with Lemons (Sebring and Joliet with CC). We just want to turn laps and have fun. We aren’t trying to win because honestly, we aren’t capable of it.

Thanks! I think I'm good on stints for now. But it will be good to see a neon back on track after Sakai Project switched to a mustang...

Lackluster wrote:

If you haven’t found a seat and really want to drive a stint we might be able to help. We have 3 drivers as of now (2 owners and a first timer). The car is a Neon that’s kinda slow. This will be our 3rd race but 1st with Lemons (Sebring and Joliet with CC). We just want to turn laps and have fun. We aren’t trying to win because honestly, we aren’t capable of it.