Topic: GP du Lac Notgonnatrytospellit @ Thompson - Entry List & Tech Times

Pretty standard field: Two C-Body Mopars, the Sunbeam Alpine returns, and SO DOES THE TUNACHUCKERS VOLVO AMAZON! Hella Sweet, I don't think it's raced in over a decade. Fun Fact: No team has ever won at Thompson twice. Could be our first repeat winner this year? Maybe? We'll see. (Click here for higher resolution, click here for Excel)

https://i.imgur.com/mIm08Vh.jpg

Tech times are also posted on the event page, but you can find them here as well.

Your judges are Manny and Chris from Elmo's Revenge plus Aaron Cole from Denver. He'll shoot way better photos than I have ever taken, so look for that gallery after the race.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: GP du Lac Notgonnatrytospellit @ Thompson - Entry List & Tech Times

It is a common request on the forums to know which judges are doing the race so I am glad to see you posted that Eric.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Damn, get a load of this guy, can't even spell chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.

1977 Lancia Scorpion

Three Mopars for the Stellantis Domination!

Go Git You Sum, Boys!!! :-)

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

ldelbanco wrote:

Damn, get a load of this guy, can't even spell chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.

Ah, but I can say it and still somehow trip over the name of the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCFKyHilyso

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

6 (edited by mechimike 2022-08-02 04:31 AM)

Tunachuckers' original Amazon got totaled in CMP back in 2009.  This is a brand new one, although certain thematic elements of the car will be instantly recognizable...

Also, I believe we did win Class C once with our original Amazon, in its' last race.  It was so long ago now that memory may be lost in the mists of time.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Headed out to Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg for the Lemons race. I have secured one stint in a fast car. Since I am flying all the way out from California, it would be great if I could pick up at least one more stint in anything. I have a couple of other possible opportunities that may or may not pan out, but if you find yourself short a driver due to covid or family issues or because you have a rookie that decides they hate it or the heat gets to someone on the team or whatever, I might be able to take a stint or two or a slop hour or any spare time you might have. This is my first time at the track but it is my 71st Lemons race overall. I'd love to get some extra time on the track since I'll be there anyway. Contact me through FB or judges/HQ will probably know how to find me. I'll be milling around 3pm as well. Thanks! Excited to do another East Coast race. NJMP was a ton of fun. East Coast definitely knows how to party.