1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2022-07-29 02:47 PM)

Topic: Autobahn 2022...Sound off and Potluck

I roped enough drivers into piloting my heap on Autobahn I can focus on herding the cats, making food and drinking beer so I figured I would organize the Potluck as well.  We will post signs at the bathrooms and gear tech as usual but please feel free to sign up on the google sheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing with what you are bringing...most of the information is optional just team name and whatcha bringing really needed.

Unless the track tells me different, we will have it at the garage/penalty box one hour after the track goes cold FRIDAY so most of you are not wrenching on your hoopties yet.

Bad Decisions is bringing our totally stock 1947 Plymouth sedan.  We will wave at your E46 as we pass.

Re: Autobahn 2022...Sound off and Potluck

THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM d.b.a Techniques d'Avant Garbage, bringing our totally stock VW Quantum Syncro wagon Audi RS2 Avant

I'm going to try and score a keg of WERKTOBERFEST from Werkforce brewing, because drinking beer is better than werking on your broken car

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Fireball racing and the delightful 67 Fairlane will be there.  This time it might even finish its second race.

I'll drink Mike's beer.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

I'll be there as a hobo driver bouncing around teams, but I'll pack a tote of all the extra party supplies from our gingerman potluck to donate to the cause. Napkins, plates, bowls, silverware, trash bags.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

chadadams59 wrote:

I'll drink Mike's beer.

Color me shocked.

Not sure what time I'll be getting there so I might not be able to make the potluck on Friday, but I will be at the track and I'll be bringing my Old Fashioned stand again. I'll serve them Saturday night if I can't Friday. Anyone have a table I can use as a bar?

The Rad Lobster will be there off a wedding hangover!

joeyplaz1014 wrote:

So, are you bringing cheddar bay biscuits? Or...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Team Sucker punch will be there with dessert and Wisconsin beer!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

10 (edited by OnkelUdo 2022-08-04 05:44 PM)

stankinator wrote:

Not sure what time I'll be getting there so I might not be able to make the potluck on Friday, but I will be at the track and I'll be bringing my Old Fashioned stand again. I'll serve them Saturday night if I can't Friday. Anyone have a table I can use as a bar?

I will either clear my spare table or bring a sheet of OSB and two sawhorses...you are covered.

Thank you. I just confirmed I should be getting out of St. Paul no later than noon on Friday (and quite probably earlier) so I should get to the track around 6:30 (or again earlier), so I'll be at the potluck.

12 (edited by Klayfish 2022-08-07 06:09 PM)

I am working this race for Lemons.  If there's any team that is willing to allow me to turn a few laps in the car on Friday practice, please let me know.  I promise they will be conservative laps.  I've been racing in Lemons a long time and have lots of races under my belt.  I'm actually sitting in the airport as I write this having driven in the Thompson CT race.  I'll be happy to pay some of the test day fee.  I just want to get to experience as many different tracks as I can.

Steve

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

Klayfish wrote:

I am working this race for Lemons.  If there's any team that is willing to allow me to turn a few laps in the car on Friday practice, please let me know.  I promise they will be conservative laps.  I've been racing in Lemons a long time and have lots of races under my belt.  I'm actually sitting in the airport as I write this having driven in the Thompson CT race.  I'll be happy to pay some of the test day fee.  I just want to get to experience as many different tracks as I can.

Steve

Test and Tune...how about our '47 Plymouth?  We all know we can't trust a Judge in the race based on Montoya, Steve McD (though he only set our brakes to cherry red, not on fire), etc.

Bad Decisions is usually pretty easy to find but bright red F250, endclosed trailer with a lean-to, grumpy guy with giant beard.

Klayfish wrote:

Steve

Look us up, Team Stupid and Futile with the Miata with the dinosaur on it.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Klayfish wrote:

Steve

Test and Tune...how about our '47 Plymouth?  We all know we can't trust a Judge in the race based on Montoya, Steve McD (though he only set our brakes to cherry red, not on fire), etc.

Bad Decisions is usually pretty easy to find but bright red F250, endclosed trailer with a lean-to, grumpy guy with giant beard.

Yes, I've heard that McD was very hard on cars.  I can promise anyone that I'm not like that.  I still race in all 3 Pedal Mafia races, so know how to treat a car with mechanical sympathy.  I really just want to get a good feel for the race track.  I plan to turn laps at 8/10ths.

Three Pedal Mafia

Klayfish wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
Klayfish wrote:

Steve

Yes, I've heard that McD was very hard on cars.  I can promise anyone that I'm not like that.  I still race in all 3 Pedal Mafia races, so know how to treat a car with mechanical sympathy.  I really just want to get a good feel for the race track.  I plan to turn laps at 8/10ths.

This is the team I mentioned, Steve. I figured Michael would be happy to have you take a few laps for fun. And, Michael, I raced with Steve at Thompson last weekend. He will be good to the Plymouth.

Wendell34 wrote:
Klayfish wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

This is the team I mentioned, Steve. I figured Michael would be happy to have you take a few laps for fun. And, Michael, I raced with Steve at Thompson last weekend. He will be good to the Plymouth.

You can have some laps in the Fairlane too.  It's probably slower than the Plymouth.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Thanks guys!!  More than likely I'll bring my race gear and see if I can break away to turn a few laps.  I'll be bouncing around working. 

Everyone coming in Friday morning or later, please say hello to my lovely wife Jenn.  She will be working the registration gate most of the weekend. 

Never been to Joliet, looking forward to it!!

Three Pedal Mafia

KeiCarMike wrote:
joeyplaz1014 wrote:

So, are you bringing cheddar bay biscuits? Or...

The people have spoken, it will be done!

Bad news: I’m stuck in St. Paul, MN with a weather delay. Might not be able to make the potluck at all. I’ll bring the bar tomorrow if I can’t tonight.