Topic: NCM potluck dinner?

Anybody interested in a potluck at NCM on either Friday or Saturday night?  If so, which night?  Half-Fast Racing will bring local BBQ and a side (cole slaw or potato salad).  Can bring beer, too, unless someone is bringing home-brew again this year.  Forgot who that was, but it was good brew.

Half Fast Racing.
"We're not real fast, we're just half-fast".      Or, if you prefer:  "Half-Fast and Half-Assed"

Re: NCM potluck dinner?

Zac Caldwell was planning on hosting the party with a taco bar there but he was going to post it about a month out from the race.

But yes, I think there's more than enough teams interested to host a potluck again this year.

Interestingly enough, the trend for potlucks has been going towards Friday evening instead of Saturday. Since some of the races have been ending later Saturday it gives more time for fixing heaps post-race and not worrying about the potluck.

NCM ends at 5:30pm Saturday though, so not as late as some of the other races have been. Something to think about.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

We at Team Stupid and Futile are good with a potuck.  Either night, just let us know.  We are bringing a team chef so we can do about anything.

Important to note is that some of the garages and buildings were damaged by a tornado late last year.  The track is up and functioning but when I attended a event in March many of the buildings were roped off.  So be prepared to be flexible in where we host the potluck.

Halfkeck wrote:

We at Team Stupid and Futile are good with a potuck.  Either night, just let us know.  We are bringing a team chef so we can do about anything.

Important to note is that some of the garages and buildings were damaged by a tornado late last year.  The track is up and functioning but when I attended a event in March many of the buildings were roped off.  So be prepared to be flexible in where we host the potluck.

Last year we had the potluck in the covered picnic area (sign says "Kimberlee A. Fast Pavilion")  between the two sides of the garages. Do you recall if that area was open?

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

I was there a few weeks ago for a motorcycle track day, and it was not and did not look like it would be soon.

I am aforementioned Zac Caldwell, and we have already reserved a garage and are happy to announce a Friday night Taco Bar potluck.

We are team Rad Dads, and when mom is away, the dads will cook far too much inauthentic taco fixings. We'll provide the beef, veggies, and tortillas, and likely too much beer. We would love to have people add to that. I forget which garage we got, but I'll make it known.

Look for the baby blue minivan and the very tired team captain.

If you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

We're good with Friday night. We'll plan on bringing the previously promised local BBQ (probably 5-10 lbs of pulled pork, sauce and buns), and at least one side.  We're trying to paddock with the three other VW/Audi teams (six cars total between the four teams) and will drag them all along - with an appropriate amount of food.

What time? Maybe an hour or so after tech closes? 

Last year it was suggested that we should have left flyers at check-in to let everybody know, along with spreading the word.

zac.s.caldwell wrote:

I was there a few weeks ago for a motorcycle track day, and it was not and did not look like it would be soon.

I am aforementioned Zac Caldwell, and we have already reserved a garage and are happy to announce a Friday night Taco Bar potluck.

We are team Rad Dads, and when mom is away, the dads will cook far too much inauthentic taco fixings. We'll provide the beef, veggies, and tortillas, and likely too much beer. We would love to have people add to that. I forget which garage we got, but I'll make it known.

Hey Zac, It's Neal from the Plymouth at Joliet. Definitely enlist some help getting the word out. Especially since it is on Friday. Some people expect Saturday. The more people that know, the more people attend and the more fun it is. Have flyers out and around on Friday. Get the word out again on Citrus Lounge and Unofficial page and then sort of repetitively up until the event. Lemons might send out a reminder on one of their emails if you ask nicely. All that. It will be good to see this minivan finally appear from the shadows.

Wendell34 wrote:
zac.s.caldwell wrote:

Hey Zac, It's Neal from the Plymouth at Joliet. Definitely enlist some help getting the word out. Especially since it is on Friday. Some people expect Saturday. The more people that know, the more people attend and the more fun it is. Have flyers out and around on Friday. Get the word out again on Citrus Lounge and Unofficial page and then sort of repetitively up until the event. Lemons might send out a reminder on one of their emails if you ask nicely. All that. It will be good to see this minivan finally appear from the shadows.

The two best ways to do it outside of posting it everywhere are:

Send Nick Pon and email about 2 weeks before the race asking him to make it part of the pre-race email blasts.  Reinforce that it is Friday.

Make fliers and put them on the gear tech table and if NCM will let you, somehwere visible in the bathrooms.

https://fb.me/e/2j49dLuxF

I'll keep all the info centralized here.

If you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.