1 (edited by MZAVARIN 2022-10-18 01:18 PM)

Topic: The octopus is dead...

Looks like they are repaving the Thunderbolt track in New Jersey, but also making some changes at turn 1
but also looks like they are getting rid of the octopus!!!!, or making some options in that area
I wonder what Lemons will use next year....?
I kinda like the octopus....it seemed like it was the only unique part of the track....
I wonder why they want to get rid of it....
Maybe makes it too slow?

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ne … t-raceway/

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Re: The octopus is dead...

MZAVARIN wrote:

Looks like they are repaving the Thunderbolt track in New Jersey, but also making some changes at turn 1
but also looks like they are getting rid of the octopus!!!!, or making some options in that area
I wonder what Lemons will use next year....?
I kinda like the octopus....it seemed like it was the only unique part of the track....
I wonder why they want to get rid of it....
Maybe makes it too slow?

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ne … t-raceway/

From what I can tell, the event organizer can choose just like they can with the chicane. The octopus turn itself is slow but if you don't have a lot of traffic, you can skip the baby corner before the right on the main straight. That allows you to carry a shit ton of speed onto the main straight.

I hope they upgrade the facilities at Lightning. I like the layout of Lightning but there are fewer facilities there.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: The octopus is dead...

The Cordoba will be happy to hear this news...... No matter how hard I tried or line I used .....It was also a painful and slow experience thru those turns. ( actually a good description of my driving style in general )

Really is my least favorite set of turns on any of the NE tracks we have run.  Interested to see how they change it.

Cordoba