Topic: What were the two cars that the organizers bought?

In watching one of the numerous youtube videos about the race, it's mentioned that they've only ever had to purchase two cars to enforce the $500 limit.

I've never seen any mention of what those cars were or why they made those decisions.

My google searches have come up empty too. I'm wondering what the stories of these two cars were.

Re: What were the two cars that the organizers bought?

I know one was in the north east. They tried to sneak an obvious pure race motor past the judges. The judges claimed it, but the team bolted ASAP.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

There was nearly a 3rd.  While our S10 was still under the $500 limit there was a great deal of debate about the added value of our overwhelming talent (like if you were to ask Chuck Norris to fight with a toothpick as a weapon).  Ultimately Eric mentioned to me that he was also a White Sox fan, so I agreed to dial it back to about 40% and also remove one of our 4 plug wires.

Close call though.

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1536 … heres-why/

"Here’s what happened with the Pendejo Racing Mercedes-Benz S600 at the 2009 Arse Freeze-a-Palooza at Thunderhill Raceway in California."

The other was a Pratt & Miller engine'd car in 2010 at Gingerman.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: IL Fall '15, MI Spring '16, IL Summer '16, MI Spring '17, KY '17, MI Summer '21, KY '21, MI Summer '21, MI Fall '22

If you want the short explanation, it was one car and 1 motor.  The car wasn't claimed as much as forced down his throat.  I believe that car is still resting in a field.  The motor was verbally claimed but never changed hands.

The claiming thing isn't something to worry about, they don't want your junk.  Penalty laps is the equalizer.

Personally, I would have claimed that 4 cam Fairmont/Futura out of Texas.  That thing was badass.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

We run a superleggera, mid-engine, italian super car, and they haven't tried to claim it. I don't think you have much to worry about.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9