Topic: Yokohama truck at Sonoma

Will the Yokohama truck with tire mounting equipment be making a comeback at Sonoma next week?

Asking for a friend.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Re: Yokohama truck at Sonoma

rb92673 wrote:

Will the Yokohama truck with tire mounting equipment be making a comeback at Sonoma next week?

Asking for a friend.

I have not seen that truck in a while. I don't think that is a thing anymore.

It was a thing for the first year or so, and it was great.

I heard the tire shops at the tracks started complaining about the loss of business, so the truck stopped mounting tires, then it stopped coming completely for the last couple of years.

I was hoping for it to come back now that COVID isn't such a thing anymore.  Maybe Rood will chime in if he knows anything.

I wouldn't expect them to have the tire truck at any races any time soon. Lots of moving parts getting the truck and the staff for it scheduled with their Porsche Cup (and testing) calendars.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

I wouldn't expect them to have the tire truck at any races any time soon. Lots of moving parts getting the truck and the staff for it scheduled with their Porsche Cup (and testing) calendars.

Thanks Eric.

Some Yokohama truck was at Houston earlier this month. It was not there to support Mangler Cup teams that I could tell. They did put on a great dinner, however. Good food and atmosphere.

--bb