Topic: Car Damage

How much damage, bumping, and pounding come out if each race? If I raced a somewhat conservative first race, how much would I pay in repairs?

Re: Car Damage

This is a question that only you would have an answer to.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

3 (edited by BigBird 2022-12-09 12:04 PM)

There is no right answer to this question.It's racing,on a racetrack,with drivers and cars of varying abilities.That said,it is not a 'demo derby' type of mentality,and contact among cars (and drivers) is frowned upon.Contact does happen,but there is no way to say that it will or won't happen to you......Sometimes shit happens,and sometimes shit happens right in front of you and you just can't avoid it....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

In 13? years of Lemons, the most I've had to do is pull a fender out by hand once.  I've incurred damage in some of the other series but nothing more serious than replacing a trailing arm and pushing some metal out a bit.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

In 25+ races I have had contact once that I know about.  I have also seen drivers that seem to hit everything in their path.  Most contact is minor enough that you can get back out on track.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

I am far less a veteran than the other posters but our car is at the pointy-end of the field (meaning we are fighting for the overall win if we don't break or do something stupid).  We don't have a team motto per se, but if we did it would be something like "go fast when you can and go slow when you need to" or "have fun but remember you're part of a team".   

As far as I'm aware, and throughout our eight races, the only contact we've ever had consisted of a side view mirror from another car leaving a small line paint on our car. 

If you're conservative you probably won't have any repairs to make after the racing is done.  Sh*t happens but not too often if you're careful.

We try to stay clean but , Our car is big and slow  + my drivers are all newbies = new dents and scrapes at just about every race.

After 8 races its still retains its classic personnel luxury coupe lines but it’s starting to look a little...... tired

if you put a car together - you should expect that it will get bent (my opinion) .

What does that cost to fix????     Dunno

Cordoba