Topic: 2023 'Shine Country Classic - Entry List & Tech Times

Alright kids, the 2023 season is about to get underway! Surely, you've all requested your residual values, assembled your budget documents, and given your cars great themes since there's been a break in the action...especially if you weren't at Road Atlanta. Would be a shame if you hadn't done those things and then got some poignant questions from judges Craig, Bob, and Eric about the expensive-looking parts on your heap with no explanation about their sources.

To wit: Volkswagen powered Mopar, Mopar-powered Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi-powered Mopar, Saab-powered Fiero, Mazda-powered Borgward, Honda-powered Hyundai, GM-powered Volvo (Yes, being shipped from California AND slated to race at Thunderhill two weeks later), a Ford Tempo, a Pinto, a Gremlin, a Mazda 929, a Mazda 626, and a Mazda 323-powered Festiva. Oh, and a five-car team with a Kompressor, a V12 S600, an R107, and the last full-size Monaco & Imperial.

But hey, I'm just a guy on the internet. [Higher-res version here; Excel version here]

https://i.imgur.com/6NLPCvQ.jpg

Tech Times are assigned here and on the event page.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

2 (edited by Dudefladge 2023-01-30 01:00 PM)

Re: 2023 'Shine Country Classic - Entry List & Tech Times

Nice!!  117 entries... :-)

I would say something about Stellantis Domination, but DANG there are a lot of BMW, Mazda, VW, Ford.... Only 8 Stellantis... LOL

WAY more BMWs than anything else... then Ford... then Mazda...

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Been working on prepping our car all day.  I believe the entry list is up a bit from last year.  Think it was around 108-110 last year.  Can't wait.

24 BMWs, time for their own class...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

See you all there!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!