1 (edited by Judge Jonny 2009-06-17 08:38 AM)

Topic: And here's your Buttonwillow Track Layout

http://www.jagpromotions.com/images/buttonwillowmap2.jpg

Just got the word from up on high. This is the "official" track layout.

Ironically, it's the exact track that the Sharks ran...

Bigger pic:
http://www.jagpromotions.com/images/but … owmap2.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and you lousy driving spazzes should probably not wipe out and kill yourselves on Friday because the option to shorten and slow the track down is in place...

ANOTHER EDIT: I should say that this layout is subject to change once we get there and run it in person. It's probably pretty close since our event manager Jeff has logged thousands of miles at the track, but you never know what might jump out when viewing the course through the eyes of the "worst-case" Lemons driver (ahem, that guy from the Sharks).--Nick

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: And here's your Buttonwillow Track Layout

Wow....  Excellent!  Sunset is going to be epic

3 (edited by RobL 2009-06-17 09:35 AM)

Can you guys define "too fast?"

I'm working on getting a car together for Nelson Ledges and it's well known for being a fast track.  Just curious if I'm going to need to deal with a chicane on the back stretch.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

If you wind up on your roof, you are going "too fast."

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

You heard it here first, Yugos are too fast.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

You heard it here first, Yugos are too fast.

As are

Plymouth Belvederes...
Datsun B210's...

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

Judge Jonny wrote:

http://www.jagpromotions.com/images/but … owmap2.jpg
Ironically, it's the exact track that the Sharks ran...

Nothing coincidental about that. We were hoping it would be this configuration and decided to do the matching open test days. We'll be running again on the July 11th test day as well. I plan to put my S4 out there as well.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Toyota CoROLLas...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

FreeRange wrote:

Wow....  Excellent!  Sunset is going to be epic

It is. On the test day this weekend, even a few of the S2000s were putting it in the dirt. We got our 5,000lb Audi Allroad sideways in this turn a few times. Not a pretty sight.

It might be tempting to out brake someone here, but I don't have enough huevos to do it. Better strategy is to pass in the straight if you've got a turbo zip tied to your engine.

The Sharks

SharkBait wrote:

We got our 5,000lb Audi Allroad sideways in this turn a few times. Not a pretty sight.

How's that airbag suspension like the track days?  I almost bought one of those, until I read about how expensive it was to fix the leaking bags...

FreeRange wrote:
SharkBait wrote:

We got our 5,000lb Audi Allroad sideways in this turn a few times. Not a pretty sight.

How's that airbag suspension like the track days?  I almost bought one of those, until I read about how expensive it was to fix the leaking bags...

It's like driving a really big heavy water bed.

The Sharks

SharkBait wrote:

We were hoping it would be this configuration and decided to do the matching open test days. We'll be running again on the July 11th test day as well.

What's required for the open testing days at Buttonwillow?

There are those who call me...Judge Tim
Previously: Der Uberbird! BMW 633CSi
"When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't make a beverage out of it."

Mad_Science wrote:
SharkBait wrote:

We were hoping it would be this configuration and decided to do the matching open test days. We'll be running again on the July 11th test day as well.

Big, heavy water beds, apparently

Any idea of the track length for the proposed track?

15 (edited by SteveLevin 2009-06-17 11:12 AM)

This wil be an epically fast configuration.  I'm actually quite surprised.  Without chicanes there are several points where even the typical beater will be hauling the mail.

This is about 2.8 miles IIRC.

Steve

so where do us non-driving folks flock to?

arse-sweat-apalosa thunderhill 2011 : team killer zomBee!

jerjozwik wrote:

so where do us non-driving folks flock to?

Behind a tall concrete wall. You won't see much but you'll be safe! Actually, you can get very close to the straight before Sunset corner. You'll see plenty of action there and the trees will shade you from the roasting sun. There's nothing but a chain link fence between you and the track so maybe not the best place for taking an afternoon nap.

The Sharks

SharkBait wrote:

Behind a tall concrete wall. You won't see much but you'll be safe! Actually, you can get very close to the straight before Sunset corner. You'll see plenty of action there and the trees will shade you from the roasting sun. There's nothing but a chain link fence between you and the track so maybe not the best place for taking an afternoon nap.

chain link fence sounds better then rally style spectating!

Mad_Science wrote:
SharkBait wrote:

You got to check with who is doing the track day .Some people/most people  are scared of Lemons .
They have rules like no dents,primer spots or miscolored paint. Count me out so I bought a 90 4dr civic that is nice as my trackday/prerunner.

They were getting sour at me at Thill on a trackday because I could catch them in the corners but on the straights they got me.

Most guys don't want  pictures of there car in action with a green car with the grinch on the roof  in the background!!

Best thing to do if you can get a ride with an A or B driver its awesome.

Bill Davis instructs with TEAM.org  and he took me for ride (scared the crap out of me 155sr13 tires )and probably helped my lap time by 20 seconds.

Adam Lazur scared my buddy and helped him a lot too .

Trackdays are the best investment for everyone .

So wait maybe you don't need it then .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

This is a great layout!

Lost hill is a tricky bitch, though, and a bunch of green drivers are going to get it wrong. If you apex early (ie. where it looks like you need to apex, since the hill is blind), you end up going off the track on the far side. Hell, the first time I rode around Buttonwillow was with John Morton driving (his first time going clockwise) and HE fucked it up and ran off the track.

The Zorro corners are narrow and tight to the point of hopeless suckage (coming from a Miata driver, that means they REALLY suck).

I would STRONGLY recommend a guiding cones that force people onto the correct line here. Something similar to what we ran at Reno at the bottom of the hill would work fine.

-Dave

not exactly Lemons like, but crazy looking buttonwillow race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzzjdIWyPAY

Looks like the same configuration, but opposite direction from ours...

-D

OH! We get to run Riverside/taladega! I better put a wing on the jag and a cardboard splitter.

Eyesoreracing wrote:

This is a great layout!

Lost hill is a tricky bitch, though, and a bunch of green drivers are going to get it wrong. If you apex early (ie. where it looks like you need to apex, since the hill is blind), you end up going off the track on the far side. Hell, the first time I rode around Buttonwillow was with John Morton driving (his first time going clockwise) and HE fucked it up and ran off the track.

I thought the same thing about #3 at Thunderhill and the downhill at RFR but for the most part I was wrong (well except for two of my drivers looping it at #3!).

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

If you have a car with four wheels and an engine, you can drive in the open test days at Buttonwillow. Obviously dumping, oil, fuel, coolant, etc is verbotten and you need a helmet. Next one is June 26th but the July 11th day is the same configuration as Lemons.

The Sharks