26 (edited by VKZ24 2009-06-18 05:53 AM)

Re: And here's your Buttonwillow Track Layout

Wow, that looks like fun!  I wonder if there is any chance we could run the full CMP configuration in the fall race ?  It would allow more teams to enter and more space for racing too.  As far as speed, we are already running the faster portions of the track anyway.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Anyone know about the number of participants for Buttonwillow?  The quantity, if you will?  We already know about the quality....

LTDScott wrote:

I thought the same thing about #3 at Thunderhill and the downhill at RFR but for the most part I was wrong (well except for two of my drivers looping it at #3!).

*looks at floor, whistles innocently*

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

troubleonwheels wrote:

Anyone know about the number of participants for Buttonwillow?  The quantity, if you will?  We already know about the quality....

About 105, 106 last I checked.

Add that to 110 degree weather and you get 55-60 cars on the track at any one time.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Rob Stercraw wrote:

As are

Plymouth Belvederes...

Hey now, I resemble that remark...  cool

And as for Magic Mountain/Lost Hill, feel your way over it the first few times, and you will see where it goes.  After that, just pound the fugger.  You have to get it really wrong to not have the track push the car where it needs to go. 

Man, I almost wish I wasn't going to the Concours d'Lemons.  Except for that whole heat thing.  Yeah...

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

casadelshawn wrote:

Man, I almost wish I wasn't going to the Concours d'Lemons.  Except for that whole heat thing.  Yeah...

And I almost wish I wasn't going to the race. I SO wanted to go to the Concours and I own a car which would make a good entry.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

THe biggest downside to Lost Hill is that if you miss and go wide off it, there's an excellent change you'll roll.  Soft dirt + downward slope is not a good combination.

Steve

^^Troof.

Many a car--and I do mean MANY--has found itself upside-down coming out of Lost Hill / Magic Mtn.

Eyesore Jay wrote:

^^Troof.

Many a car--and I do mean MANY--has found itself upside-down coming out of Lost Hill / Magic Mtn.

Very true! I watched a car two years ago at a event there break his lower control arm on the downside and cart wheeled huge. Driver was fine but he has much more respect for Magic Mtn now.

Pen