Topic: What Trophy Do You, the Little People, Care About?

Us big people types really do care most of all about the Index of Effluency -- i.e. doing the most with the least.

Us Judges are also particularly enamored with Dangerous Banned Technology and Organizer's Choice (so much so that when Jay gets it wrong we now hand out our own Judge's Choice).

Winning? Dude, it's a $500 car race -- who cares?

You?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: What Trophy Do You, the Little People, Care About?

I loved the moonshine award at CMP.  Some of the Lemons guys there tried a bit of the Amaretto that I had, but I don't think it made it in the running for the award.  I am gunning for that one in the fall, and the one for winning the race too, I guess.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

For a race like this, I like a car/team that does the most with the least.  Whether that means Index of Effluency or the Grassroots Motorsports award it doesn't really matter.  No HP, no suspension and no experience and you still won?  You rock!

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

having been involved with 2 teams that received it...

I have a speshul place in my heart for

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3296/2484821863_abd1a405dc.jpg?v=1210566275

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

the most heroic fix award. i watched guys work on vlad the impala last year at stafford like mad men. they blew the motor in their car, and all i saw was asses and elbows as they tore that thing down and had the internals of the car strewn across the tarmac on the first night.  they found a pick a part yard with another motor, picked it up, threw it in the car and proceeded to run the snot out of it for 40 more laps on the second day before it spit out another rod. that my friends is perserverance and the true spirit of Lemons.

If any one from Vlad The Impala is reading way to go men, i dont think ive seen nascar pits work harder.

No Budget Racing
Chief Instigator
1991 Ponticrap OnFirebird
Racing a Camaro/Firebird at Lemons is a box full of fail, thats why we do it.

Heroic fix and peoples choice are my 2 favorite. Both are very well earned.

Too lazy for heroic fix. Too neurotic for index of effluency. Too erratic to get into the top 10. Guess that leaves the dangerous banned technology and people's choice.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

IOE of course...bring a $500 car that was NEVER meant to be on a track and lets see what it can do

As the second IOE winner, of course that is my favorite, but the 'heroic fix' and 'I got screwed' are also great prizes.

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

I think there should be a 'Largest Superfluous Modification' trophy. Bi-Polar Express (Thill 08) had the right idea. I'd like to see a really large husk of some kind around a CRX that you can see bobbing on the horizon where all other cars are obscured behind a ridge.

Winning a trophy of any sort would be fun but all I care about really is a few hours of seat time and having the time of my life.

I think an award for the most fuel/worst carbon foot print would be great !

I think next year in Reno we should have a booky there taking bets for all the cars with odds of placing ,how many laps the race winner will have ,and so on.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

that of course would be the Reno event....

That Heroic fix that the Tuna Chuckers won at CMP in the spring was well deserved.  They worked their asses off on that car changing transmissions and eventually the engine and made it back out there on Sunday.  We were pitted next to those guys, and while we were working on our car, had plenty of opportunity to watch that bunch of guys go at it.  Great bunch of guys and well deserving of that award, I may have to change my vote to the Heroic Fix as my favorite now.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

random_tox wrote:

I think there should be a 'Largest Superfluous Modification' trophy. Bi-Polar Express (Thill 08) had the right idea. I'd like to see a really large husk of some kind around a CRX that you can see bobbing on the horizon where all other cars are obscured behind a ridge.

Winning a trophy of any sort would be fun but all I care about really is a few hours of seat time and having the time of my life.

Yeah, watching the horse silhouette of Team Phony Express come up over the ridge at Reno-Fernley with a backdrop of the setting sun was truly awesome...

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

Here at Team Gnome our ultimate dream and goal is the unprecedented "double trouble" where in we bring home the I.E. AND the overall win. 

I can be done, just not with the Gnome.  It's "too nice" for the I.E. award.  We'll have to build the "Gnome 2.0" in order to have a shot at the "double trouble".  Believe me it will be in the hunt for both awards.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

I think a trophy for most parts to fall off car .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

cpmskinny wrote:

That Heroic fix that the Tuna Chuckers won at CMP in the spring was well deserved.  They worked their asses off on that car changing transmissions and eventually the engine and made it back out there on Sunday.  We were pitted next to those guys, and while we were working on our car, had plenty of opportunity to watch that bunch of guys go at it.  Great bunch of guys and well deserving of that award, I may have to change my vote to the Heroic Fix as my favorite now.

there were a bunch of heroic fixes at CMP (Rob from Schumacher Taxi made the German Merkur guys a new clutch out of sheet steel and used brake pads)...the tunachuckers' win was definitely well-earned.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

There was a Z-car team at Reno-Fernley that swapped engines Sat night, and the Unsafe at Any Speed Corvair had feet sticking out from under it most of the weekend......probably a good candidate at every event

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

19 (edited by fabtoys 2009-06-23 02:58 PM)

I think the corvair should get a trophy for  just for showing up.
There is no way that thing could win . 
On the corvair they should mount a mannequin on the passenger side  facing backwards with a steering wheel .
When that thing spins you couldn't tell where the front was!!

I think the guys that won Peoples Choice and People Curse deserve a third trophy..

We like racing competitive cars, and lack the time to REALLY build a winning junker... plus a couple of our guys are pretty engineering minded.. so we went for the dangerous / banned at Reno.

IOE and Organizers choice are the true winners imo.

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Here at Team Gnome our ultimate dream and goal is the unprecedented "double trouble" where in we bring home the I.E. AND the overall win. 

I can be done, just not with the Gnome.  It's "too nice" for the I.E. award.  We'll have to build the "Gnome 2.0" in order to have a shot at the "double trouble".  Believe me it will be in the hunt for both awards.

But see -- that's your problem.

Wanting to win...

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Just Like Baja and all desert  races the terrain is the biggest threat!

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Here at Team Gnome our ultimate dream and goal is the unprecedented "double trouble" where in we bring home the I.E. AND the overall win. It can be done, just not with the Gnome.

Your best choice for the IOE/Overall Win combo is, of course, the Lancia Scorpion!

I think a Harley engined Mazda GLC could take both...

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey - Peugeot 505 turbeaux
http://startinggrid.org/

Judge Jonny wrote:

But see -- that's your problem.

Wanting to win...

Don't worry.  What I want and what I get are never that closely related.  I just think that "Double Trouble" is really a dream worth shooting for.

A Scorp would be a strong contender except one has to finish to win and that's pretty unlikely considering what piles those are.

I think the car to do it will be both British, and turbo.  LOL

Cars, cameras, and easy living...