Topic: Team with multiple cars or Team with similiar names

Is it common for teams to enter multiple cars?  I'm scrolling through the Yee-Haw It's Lemons TX race and saw that there are about 5 or 6 teams with multiple entries.  Are they entering multiple cars or entering multiple times to try and get the team entered?  If the field is full, will they allow team who has been accepted their 2nd entry or will they try and let a new team in?

Re: Team with multiple cars or Team with similiar names

For us, The Schumacher Taxi Service, we have a full complement of 20 drivers and ~5 taxis in various states of repair/preparedness.   We apply and expect each car to be judged on it's individual application.  I don't know how the teams are picked but we do try and mix up our themes so that the taxi theme doesn't become old...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

For us, The Schumacher Taxi Service, we have a full complement of 20 drivers and ~5 taxis in various states of disrepair/preparedness.

Fixed. This is Lemons, after all.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

I'm pretty sure after this weekend we will be down to four cars in the STS.  smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Thanks for the replies.  I was wondering how different teams are doing this.  I have heard teams with multiple cars and had wondered if they would eventually enter their 2nd or 3rd cars.

We have two cars entered.  Two separate teams, different themes...

I'm the captain of both of them though.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

Same for us. 2 cars, 2 themes.  11 drivers.

I've actually always wondered about how that works.  If it is full race would single car teams get preference over the additional cars of the multi team cars or would the multi car get preference since they are a known team.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

our cars all submitted separate applications and received separate acceptances.  we have separate themes now, as well, but keep the STS name for continuity, both w/ the judges and w/ friends we've made among other teams.

it certainly can't hurt if Jay & co. know you and know that you're not lame.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11