Topic: The Eagle has landed. Repeat, the Eagle has landed. Pics!!!!!!

http://ronman.org/pics/speedycop/

www.speedycop.com for the writeup.

http://ronman.org/pics/speedycop/image009_std.jpg

http://ronman.org/pics/speedycop/image014_std.jpg

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: The Eagle has landed. Repeat, the Eagle has landed. Pics!!!!!!

OMFG.   Worth it for the 4 rows of buttons on the ceiling alone.

Damn, makes me regret not sending the $600 that I don't really have to be able to drive that thing.  It makes the Wartburg look sane!

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

OMFG.   Worth it for the 4 rows of buttons on the ceiling alone.

Well, to be accurate, there are 24 (4 rows of 6) ryg lighted switches on the cabin ceiling plus 12 instant-on/off buttons north of the switches, not to mention the 14 digital guages... still trying to figure it all out.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

...and, every time I turn away from this car and then look back... I crack up.  Every time I happen upon the 'glance back' it strikes me like the first time I saw it!!!... how can this possibly be a car?!!!... far too wide, too low, too heavy, too insane, too overbuilt?????

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Word.
It isn't wearing off.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

KITTTTTTTT

a T for every tire.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Nuts! Can't see it from work.

how in the world is that thing supposed to get around a corner?  throttle steering is one thing but damn, i'd hate to see your tire bill Speedycop..........

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Man, that interior shot just screams Batmobile theme to me. Either way, that car is insane as it sits. I have no idea how someone not already interested in Lemons decides it's a good idea to construct that thing.

Have fun with it, it will be a blast.

Bad. Ass.

That so far exceeds any expectation that words are useless.  I think that this car deserves it's own forum.  Fantastic.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Have you decided to make it your daily driver yet.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Yep. Just need time to get it going. And money, now that the bills are past due.

From your write up it sounds like it shold be pretty sturdy which is always something to worry about with custom made cars.  With that light setup you really need to find a 24 hour race for this thing to run in.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Word.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

awesome.  good luck...you may need it

Wow.....

-=HFC Tom

I'm not interested in having this thing damaged by some n00b who can't drive trying to pass unsafely in the dark. As it is, I'll have to find a way to cover the fenders and remove the massive hood and trunk if I want to do more than parade laps. Maybe some lightweight shells for racing, or some trailer fenders over the wheels? These monstrous fiberglass pieces would be incredibly difficult and expensive to duplicate, and I can't afford to have them damaged.

This...thing is a crime against nature and shouldn't be allowed to exist. Therefore, it is the best car ever.

Sub-Par Subaru Racing
Subaru XT6-Under Construction
"OMFG I ZMOKE EVRY FUKIN CAR!"

good god. I am seriously rethinking building our pintostang and loading up with Hoonatic John for a roadtrip to get a chance to drive this monster!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Well, it kinda sorta almost started. We alternated between Seafoam Deep Creep and starter fluid, even pulling the plugs several times to get Deep Creep in the rotors. It actually ran for 3-4 seconds and sounded mean, before starving for fuel. We have both tanks disconnected, so it was only running on spray. Next step is to find the source of oil leaks, add fresh fuel to the cleaned-out tanks, and see if we can't get it to start again. I'll take all the helpful rotary tips I can get!

Speedycop wrote:

I'm not interested in having this thing damaged by some n00b who can't drive trying to pass unsafely in the dark. As it is, I'll have to find a way to cover the fenders and remove the massive hood and trunk if I want to do more than parade laps. Maybe some lightweight shells for racing, or some trailer fenders over the wheels? These monstrous fiberglass pieces would be incredibly difficult and expensive to duplicate, and I can't afford to have them damaged.

How hard are they to remove and transport?  If you want to get the materials together I can probably try to find one weekend where I can get an wifely exemption on the "no cars this year" policy.  Bring a crapload of materials and round up a few helpers and we could knock out some sloppy but functional "lightweight" replicas of those bits.  Im pretty sure the rest of the MTR crew will pitch in.

Gonna need some warm weather though or to clean out my shop enough to do everything indoors.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

I think OMGuar is wanting to teach a class on making pieces from carbon fiber.

The easiest way to get a 'should be running' rotary to fire is to bumpstart it in second gear at over 25mph. May not be feasible in your case. Visit www.mazspeed.com, click on the FACTS link, and perform the ATF treatment. If the apex seals are carboned up and sticking, the ATF treatment is the best long-term solution. Bumpstarting is the the best short-term solution.

EriktheAwful wrote:

I think OMGuar is wanting to teach a class on making pieces from carbon fiber.

The easiest way to get a 'should be running' rotary to fire is to bumpstart it in second gear at over 25mph. May not be feasible in your case. Visit www.mazspeed.com, click on the FACTS link, and perform the ATF treatment. If the apex seals are carboned up and sticking, the ATF treatment is the best long-term solution. Bumpstarting is the the best short-term solution.

I could do CF as easily as I could do 'glass when it gets here but there is considerable cost.  Just to reproduce the parts in glass will be most of a regular Lemons car budget.  CF aint cheap.

If I read right he's had it running now, sounds like it just needs a real fuel system

honestly as cool as that 4 rotor is I'd be shitcanning that in a heartbeat for some lump of a V8...there's alot of weight to move in that monster.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

honestly as cool as that 4 rotor is I'd be shitcanning that in a heartbeat for some lump of a V8...there's alot of weight to move in that monster.

But nothing says "Lemons" like a team with no rotary knowledge running a rotary.

Run a Carter fuel pump (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P4070/) with a cheap 4-9psi fuel pressure regulator (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QFT-30-803/) set at 7psi. One fuel pump and regulator should carry enough fuel for both motors, and it's dead nuts reliable. I hit a 4" diameter log head-on with my Carter (it hung a little low) and it survived.