Re: The Eagle has landed. Repeat, the Eagle has landed. Pics!!!!!!

That truly makes them rotards.

Youtube video of multiple loud wankels running, or it didn't happen.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

It has two new high volume Holley pumps, and an adjustable regulator. I just need to clean the two fuel cells out and put fresh fuel with new filters. I'll probably add some Marvel or some two stroke oil. I didn't want to chance putting old fuel into the carbs.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Oh. My. GOD.

The cockpit.

I.... Jesus.

If you need an extra set of hands for this, I'm totally willing to make the trip. I can't fab worth a shit, but I can turn wrenches.

.... Did you say TWO fuel cells?

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Guaranteed IOE winner.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

Good god.  It looks like the batmobile photoshopped with an extra front and rear end.  You have a trailer this beast fits on?

So if it does have stuck apex seals check out kreen made by kanolabs http://www.kanolabs.com/  Everything they make is awesome but not exactly cheap.  It works really well on stuck piston rings, dirty injectors, etc. too.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?

It *might* fit if I make ramps over the fenders.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

JThw8 wrote:

Im pretty sure the rest of the MTR crew will pitch in.

You know I'm in, all those years fixing boats will come in handy

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

SWEET RIDE!!!   I could build ya a tin nose, side panels, tail???? got a local place (for me) 25 bucks for a 4x10 sheet...     Cant help ya w the eng stuff, out of about 100 cars owned, Ive never had a rotory..  THAT "machine" has promoted MORE sick thoughts of many builds for me...    And money, now that the bills are past due............     I 2nd that one!!!   How did you get it delivered, semi??  All the lights and buttons look like star wars inspired, ITS WAY HOT!!!!

Team Azz Backwards Yankee,  Nick

Thanks Nick! I wish you were closer. Your tin work was excellent on the backwardsF150Vic.  I have no sheetmetal brake, and I'd probably pay $80-$100/sheet around here for tin. It was delivered in a two-car enclosed trailer. Huge PITA to get it over the fenders with lots of boards!

Yea, the pickins for car guys around here are slim, let alone, umm thinking with no concept of what a box even is to be thinking outside of!!!   I actually dont have a brake either, I used angle iron to bend mine..   We need to build you a trailer,  simple but strong to tote that beast. I built my car trailer from a travel trailer, cut the axles to make it wider, but heavy heavy duty yada yada...

Team Azz Backwards Yankee wrote:

Yea, the pickins for car guys around here are slim, let alone, umm thinking with no concept of what a box even is to be thinking outside of!!!   I actually dont have a brake either, I used angle iron to bend mine..   We need to build you a trailer,  simple but strong to tote that beast. I built my car trailer from a travel trailer, cut the axles to make it wider, but heavy heavy duty yada yada...

Somehow I don't think 8-wheeled, Buck-Rodgers inspired monstrosities are parked behind every barn, waiting for the one day some crazy, yet inspired bastard decides "Sure, I can race that..."

Then again, there's enough old farm trucks laying around rural Louisiana I'm sure something could be done about that.....

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

Not to mention the fact that the car came from northern Illinois, some 1100 miles from Chateau Speedycop...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Giddy like a school boy looking at a noodie mag for the first time------as per sitting in the front seat of that huh.....  I wish I were closer too  ha  but I feel cooler to have met you and now you have it!!!  lol

Point?

Speedycop wrote:

It was delivered in a two-car enclosed trailer. Huge PITA to get it over the fenders with lots of boards!

Duh!!! Flat-tow...

Hahahaha

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I think a turbo v6 from a gn would be perfect for this thing, somewhere down the line.

Does it have an onboard fire system?  I have a feeling it's going to look like the starship enterprise under attack if some of that wiring cuts loose.

I hope to see it in person at one of the races.  It looks much nicer in these pics than I thought it would.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

ronman wrote:

Not to mention the fact that the car came from northern Illinois, some 1100 miles from Chateau Speedycop...

Are you absolutely sure it came from north IL? I was watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with my Grand Daughter and I'm sure I saw it on the island of misfit toys. wink

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:
ronman wrote:

Are you absolutely sure it came from north IL? I was watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with my Grand Daughter and I'm sure I saw it on the island of misfit toys. wink

No, I think Jim and the rest of the misfits hail from southern NJ.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

You guys are killin' me. lol

Mad media coverage today!
http://jalopnik.com/5707420/this-is-the … heeled-car
http://www.streetsafari.com/content/view/287/27/

For my guess on the windshield im going to go with Chevy, either 90's Camaro, or 90's caprice.......  Its tough to identify in the pics, and as my alternate to phone a friend (E.T. phone home)   Final answer!!

It's Lexan, and custom. Nothing in the body of this car is from another car. Every single light cover is custom.

Maybe I should call it the F24 Street Fighter. Two 12 A rotaries = 24, and it clearly screams fighter jet inside.

I'd think more along the lines of the XB-70 Valkyrie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XB-70_Valkyrie

50 (edited by Team Azz Backwards Yankee 2010-12-07 08:27 AM)

G.L.C.O.A.T.-R,    71 minus 47,  Super DUPER  Blackbird,  maybe a with or without icing option tooo!!   
For the name of course..  I actually read the article stuff, and it said somethin about guessing what the windshield is from...  yea well ya know...