Topic: Lap times

Is there a way to get each lap's time for the whole race rather than position in the race from the MyLaps.com? It would be nice to see actual PIT times and individual performance. You can make out when your team did a PIT but not really it length in time.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

Re: Lap times

If you've got the code (it would have been on the physical unit) for your transponder, you can register it on MyLaps and download lap-by-lap data, but only if nobody has registered it before.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

I rented my transponder at the track from the Lemons guys. I do remember Jay saying that the leader at NE was ticking off 31 second laps after lap. So the data is somewhere.

Yeah it is, and no they weren't.  I looked a their lap times and they were generally lapping like everyone else...  They won by short stops, long stints, and staying out of trouble.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

The Kielbasa Kids had the quickest lap time of the race, which is pretty rare for the winner (usually the quickest lap comes from an Integra or E30 that blows up/wrecks/gets 18 penalties soon after).

6 (edited by bongle 2009-07-15 05:54 PM)

scrowner wrote:

I rented my transponder at the track from the Lemons guys. I do remember Jay saying that the leader at NE was ticking off 31 second laps after lap. So the data is somewhere.

On your rented transponder would be a code.  Our rented transponder's code in Toledo last year was 0183540.  You need that to sign up for a mylaps account, then you can view your individual laptimes.  If you go to the stafford results you can see the summaries (fastest lap for each team, laps completed, etc) but to get the lap-by-lap breakdown, you need your transponder code.  Once you enter your transponder code, you'll be able to click on your team's name and see your results.

Note that if someone else has rented your transponder before (AFAIK, Lemons rents these from the track, then rents them to you), you're out of luck.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

To everyone, I was able to get the lap times for the New England Event. First, go to an event that has the results, them click on the MyLapTimes link, go to the search box, type in "24 Hours of Lemons", a list appears, and Stafford should be in that list.

Now lets see if Nick posted our results yet.....

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1221910

I am looking for "each" lap's time. Not just the best. We did one hour stints in the NE race and I was hoping to see how each of the drivers did personally and how the team did in the pits.

So, I am hoping Nick can dig up the transponder number that we rented at the track.

I actually got the transponder number from Nick AND was able to register at MyLaps and get ALL the data for the CT race! There has been mentioned that previously used transponders could have been registered and have an OLD password requiring the previous password to get on MyLaps. Not sure if this is true as my registration and login was seamless. Great gobs of data and comparisons. However, with the CT race there was no indication of when Saturday ended for the first of two day race. We were able to guess fairly close as our team had a wreck we had to fix at the end of Saturday. Others may find it difficult to know when the day changes. You could note your number of laps at the beginning of the second day from the postings by Jay during the race.

Anyway, if you rent your transponder, remember to note its number at the race so you can get onto the site for more race information.