1 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-07-16 03:48 PM)

Topic: Action photos of all the cars at Lemons New England '09

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/07/504x_TopNE09LemonsLeadShot-504px.jpg

If your car managed to clank onto the tarmac at Stafford, I've got a shot of it in action on the traditional Jalopnik Top Lemons Of Lemons post, which just went live. Thanks to Nick Pon, Blake Rong, UDMan, Terry Shea, WTIC Fox 61, Andy Wallwhore, Ron Vickers, The Knights Who Say Ni-ssan, and anyone else I've forgotten for the photos!

Check in this weekend for the traditional post-race Über Gallery, too!

Re: Action photos of all the cars at Lemons New England '09

I love that the pic of team teflon shows their car about to collide with a wheel that fell off another car.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

You can see from the lap times that the Corvair was the slowest thing on the track (though the Peugeot was almost as slow), yet it finished a very respectable 22nd place. If they'd found a way to be less unsafe at any speed and avoided all those spinouts, they'd have had a shot at the top 10. Just goes to show you don't need to be fast to do well at Lemons!

MurileeMartin wrote:

You can see from the lap times that the Corvair was the slowest thing on the track (though the Peugeot was almost as slow), yet it finished a very respectable 22nd place. If they'd found a way to be less unsafe at any speed and avoided all those spinouts, they'd have had a shot at the top 10. Just goes to show you don't need to be fast to do well at Lemons!

Yeah, when we were scanning the lap times, we were at first excited that we didn't have the slowest car, and then we realized that the only thing slower then us was the Corvair. Which is kind of like a turtle being excited for being faster then a snail... except the snail came in 22nd.

I think we need a new .. shell? I dunno this metaphore is getting our of hand.

trlstanc wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Yeah, when we were scanning the lap times, we were at first excited that we didn't have the slowest car, and then we realized that the only thing slower then us was the Corvair. Which is kind of like a turtle being excited for being faster then a snail... except the snail came in 22nd.

I think we need a new .. shell? I dunno this metaphore is getting our of hand.

Nice... well said.... Any finish is a good finish!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Spinnetti wrote:

Nice... well said.... Any finish is a good finish!

Exactly why we got our heap back on track at least for the checkers.... no brakes and all!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

If your car runs 75% of the time at a Lemons race, you've done well!