Topic: Firesuits

Do the drivers fire suits have to be one piece?   Or can they be 2 piece as long as they are multi layered?

Re: Firesuits

steamboat0 wrote:

Do the drivers fire suits have to be one piece?   Or can they be 2 piece as long as they are multi layered?

Number of layers has no bearing on the number of suit pieces.  I have a two-piece one-layer with the Nomex underwear.  A one piece suit that fits is hard to find if you are tall and I'm 6'-3".

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Even with a multilayer 2-piece you should really wear nomex underwear.  The suit will gap somewhat under different circumstances. 

I'm 6'8" 210lbs and can make a 1 piece 3XL work.  Its uhhh.... roomy through the middle, but its just long enough.

Forget the fire suits, send the chicks over that are posing with your car so we can snap a few pics with ours..    PLEASE>..

Those girls are wearing fire suits of an entirely different kind... smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Yeah, to recap, your suit can be single- or multilayer, but single-layer suits must be paired with fireproof long-sleeve undies. One or two-piece is fine in both cases, and the underwear rules apply the same to both.

Underwear is recommended even for multilayer suits. I've got undies and a /5 suit. Then again, I also race an Alfa in Lemons.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Yeah, to recap, your suit can be single- or multilayer, but single-layer suits must be paired with fireproof long-sleeve undies. One or two-piece is fine in both cases, and the underwear rules apply the same to both.

Underwear is recommended even for multilayer suits. I've got undies and a /5 suit. Then again, I also race an Alfa in Lemons.

its not a matter of if but when......

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners