Topic: Newbie Type Entrance Question

Hello,

I'm not a Lemons newbie but this is my first post to the board.

Actually, I do feel like an awkward newbie since I've probably done it before but, I can't seem to be able to sign my current team to the Lamest Day race. Is there an invisible button I'm missing? From the current list of teams, obviously others have been able to do this. What am I missing?

Ramon Mendoza
El Blackie Chaparral Racing

Re: Newbie Type Entrance Question

Currently there's no way to copy a team from a previous event and paste it into a new one--so if you haven't applied yet to the Lamest Day, you'll have to start from scratch. Though we're aware this is a PITA, this is done semi-intentionally to prevent over-applications to races (there are some guys out there who would click a box to apply to every race if there was such a button--you know who you are).

I say "semi-intentional" because there's also no software in place to do that.

Ok,

I vaguely remember something along these lines last year. Anyhow, I tried to do the new team thing but it won't let me register as a "new" team using our current name. Will I have to purposely misspell the name in order to get past the software?

I'm already liking the new forums better. Not only have I not had to scroll down a big list of kill switch related posts, I'm not reminded daily of what great finds those San Francisco bastards seem to dig up on their craigslist vs. the rust buckets I'm left to sort through.

Thanks.

Ramon Mendoza

Hmmm...dunno why it won't let you register your team name. Our standard advice is to clear your browser's history/cache and try it again. Lemme know if that doesn't work.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Hmmm...dunno why it won't let you register your team name. Our standard advice is to clear your browser's history/cache and try it again. Lemme know if that doesn't work.

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

Now, how/can we go about selecting the same number we've had before?

Ramon Mendoza

With so many returning teams at this point, we can't guarantee you'll be able to run with the same number--we flip the switch on the number menu when your team gets accepted. If someone else snags your number, you're free to negotiate with them--we just won't get in the middle of it. For '09 we've also opened up three-digit numbers to create more flexibility. (Although, we killed 00-09 due to tower/spotter confusion)....

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

With so many returning teams at this point, we can't guarantee you'll be able to run with the same number--we flip the switch on the number menu when your team gets accepted. If someone else snags your number, you're free to negotiate with them--we just won't get in the middle of it. For '09 we've also opened up three-digit numbers to create more flexibility. (Although, we killed 00-09 due to tower/spotter confusion)....

Got it. All over now but the waiting.

Thanks for replying to my posts.

Ramon Mendoza