Topic: So do you pay and then accepted or get accepted and pay?

So we're registered..Have to pay drivers fees, have the car, and everything we need...Just curious how you pay for your fees....

Lamest Day here we come!

Check out what we are cooking...
HardDriveRacing.com

Re: So do you pay and then accepted or get accepted and pay?

*if* you get accepted, you have a couple weeks to pay all the fees and select your car number.  You will get an acceptance email with all the payment details.

Now building your car before getting accepted... that's ballsy!

Oh we'll do this or have fun trying.  The car is ready and waiting, come on now no one wants to screw with BumbleBee. 

Fingers crossed. 

The race just happens to fall on my birthday, other events are happening around that time too.  If all is right in the universe I'll get car number 33 (I'll be that old) race hard and clean with my buddies and get hitched after or before the race.  yeah I said hitched.

BTW we have a team page on the Lemons site, and are "registered".

Got accepted and now see how to pay.

Out of curiousity, anyone know how many are being accepted?  Just wondering how many cars Nelson will accommodate on the track at one time.  Can't wait.  smile

I turned 33 at a Lemons race...

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

8 (edited by RobL 2009-07-27 08:37 AM)

btp76 wrote:

I turned 33 at a Lemons race...

It's my 10 year wedding anniversary at Nelson Ledges.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Rob - did I hear that you are renewing your vows at NL?  Another reason to drink? smile

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

Since this is the "pay" thread, I have a question.  Can the payments be broken up?  We have a driver from California and the rest of us are in Michigan.  Can we each submit our portion via PayPal, or do we have to collect the fees and then make the full payment to Lemons?

Also, if our sixth driver isn't confirmed yet, do we simply complete the app with five and pay for five until the sixth is on board at some time after the payment date?  The acceptance email made it sound that way, but I wanted to verify.  The way I read it is that four must be paid for by August 8, and then team must be frozen and additional drivers paid up prior to the lock a week or two before the race.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

MagnumPI wrote:

Rob - did I hear that you are renewing your vows at NL?  Another reason to drink? smile

Nope, she's not even going to be there...  Another reason to drink! smile

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

what is this "reason" to drink of which you speak?

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Since this is the "pay" thread, I have a question.  Can the payments be broken up?  We have a driver from California and the rest of us are in Michigan.  Can we each submit our portion via PayPal, or do we have to collect the fees and then make the full payment to Lemons?

Also, if our sixth driver isn't confirmed yet, do we simply complete the app with five and pay for five until the sixth is on board at some time after the payment date?  The acceptance email made it sound that way, but I wanted to verify.  The way I read it is that four must be paid for by August 8, and then team must be frozen and additional drivers paid up prior to the lock a week or two before the race.

If you want to get into future Lemons races, it might be advisable to think about this in terms of what will be less work for the Lemons administrative staff versus what will be more work.

In other words, you pay it all up front and then threaten to kneecap Mister California if he don't pay up. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:

If you want to get into future Lemons races, it might be advisable to think about this in terms of what will be less work for the Lemons administrative staff versus what will be more work.

In other words, you pay it all up front and then threaten to kneecap Mister California if he don't pay up. smile

Get the other team members to pay the team captain via Pay Pal.  Person to Person non credit card transactions are now free.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Mulry wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:

Thanks Mulry.  I will enter the likely sixth driver and change the name if needed at a later date.

'74 260Z

ecugrad wrote:

Get the other team members to pay the team captain via Pay Pal.  Person to Person non credit card transactions are now free.

Then that's what I'll do.  Thanks.

'74 260Z

17 (edited by MagnumPI 2009-07-27 12:20 PM)

RobL wrote:
MagnumPI wrote:

Well - I am bringing Canadian Beer. And BUZZ, -  We always have a reason to drink smile

Cheers!

MagnumPI wrote:
RobL wrote:
MagnumPI wrote:

Well - I am bringing Canadian Beer. And BUZZ, -  We always have a reason to drink smile

Buzz is on my team and he never needs a reason to drink.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys,  should be a blast!    And if there is anyway we can help any racers out at the event - let us know..

I am picturing some 40 Lemons rides pulling up to strip joint for the bachelor party lol.  Wait did I say Bachelor party? I would never do that! wink

Haha