Topic: NEWBIE question (re: # of drivers)

I notice the rules mention needing 4-6 drivers/team.  Is 6 the maximum or can there be more (understand each pays $100, etc.).  Thanks in advance.

Re: NEWBIE question (re: # of drivers)

Sayeth the rules:

5.1: Definition of Team: Each team must consist of one car and four to six drivers. (That means four drivers minimum, six drivers maximum. Seriously: Why do you chumps keep on asking?)

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Because I thought I had read somewhere that 4-6 drivers was "suggested".  Thanks for the clarification.  By the way, this was the first post/question asked.

empty pockets racing wrote:

By the way, this was the first post/question asked.

FYI, he didn't write that portion.  It was a direct quote from the rules because apparently people 'keep on asking'.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

4-6 on 1 team, but any registered driver can drive any car.  so if you only want like 30 mins seat time each, you can buy your drivers onto other teams and have 10 drivers

why you'd really want that, i don't know, but i guess you have your reasons

I felt that 4 was plenty...3 would be just fine, unless the track is especially demanding....NL excepted of course

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Thanks for the clarification.

The question was not so much our need to have more drivers as much as it was how many people we have that would like to participate in the driving (fun).

Thanks again for the clarification.  Here's hoping we're selected to participate.

More than 6 drivers at a regular 15 hour race would be like bringing a beer to a party where a case is called for.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Thanks for the clarification.

The question was not so much our need to have more drivers as much as it was how many people we have that would like to participate in the driving (fun).

Thanks again for the clarification.  Here's hoping we're selected to participate.

Run two cars/teams? 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Thanks and definitely an idea we had kicked around.  Thought it best to apply with only 1 car to see if we're selected.  We participate in motorcycle endurance racing and this is a chance to let several on our pit crew hit the track and have fun for a change.  We'll just need to determine a lottery-style selection process.

By the way, I read where the selection for events is usually done shortly after the application window closes.  If the application process closes tomorrow, would it be safe to say teams will be selected by mid next week?  Just checking (and not whining).  smile

Sounds like way too much fun and definitely in-line with our race team.  smile

Thanks and definitely an idea we had kicked around.  Thought it best to apply with only 1 car to see if we're selected.  We participate in motorcycle endurance racing and this is a chance to let several on our pit crew hit the track and have fun for a change.  We'll just need to determine a lottery-style selection process.

By the way, I read where the selection for events is usually done shortly after the application window closes.  If the application process closes tomorrow, would it be safe to say teams will be selected by mid next week?  Just checking (and not whining).  smile

Sounds like way too much fun and definitely in-line with our race team.  smile

Yea, they let you know by Tuesday usually.

And yes Lemons racing is way too much fun! I've done 3, it's like they say, track is crack......

Sign up for Jay's spam list. You'd have gotten an e-mail today telling you this exact thing.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Will do.  Thanks again to all for your help.

eljefe17 wrote:

4-6 on 1 team, but any registered driver can drive any car.  so if you only want like 30 mins seat time each, you can buy your drivers onto other teams and have 10 drivers

The "max track time" model is to enter two cars with the same set of drivers on both teams. It costs you double, but you theoretically will double your track time. If your car doesn't blow up, which it will.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

The "max track time" model is to enter two cars with the same set of drivers on both teams. It costs you double, but you theoretically will double your track time. If your car doesn't blow up, which it will.

so people can be entered on multiple cars?  interesting

so theoretically, if you had people who never got tired, you could have 4 cars with 4 drivers, each driving 1 car the whole time, and a large enough gas tank, you would never have to pit!

the ultimate winning strategy!

now i just have to find drivers who can do 15 hours stints...

jeff, i did see that two firebirds for 300 bucks on craigslist...... its jsut crazy enough to work.

No Budget Racing
Chief Instigator
1991 Ponticrap OnFirebird
Racing a Camaro/Firebird at Lemons is a box full of fail, thats why we do it.

Two cars sounds great.

Doubles your seat time as well as wrench time.

Can also double your drama.  Of course you only need one bitchy know-it-all team mate to bring an over abundance of drama.  There's a whiner rule for that.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Doubling my wrench time scares the SH*T out of me...

No Budget Racing
Chief Instigator
1991 Ponticrap OnFirebird
Racing a Camaro/Firebird at Lemons is a box full of fail, thats why we do it.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

Unless you enter a 1963 Corvair, the most reliable car on the track (well, except for the Kielbasa Kids Honda that is....)

Troy wrote:

Of course you only need one bitchy know-it-all team mate to bring an over abundance of drama.  There's a whiner rule for that.

Yeah, we call it the "Troy" rule behind the scenes....

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
Troy wrote:

Of course you only need one bitchy know-it-all team mate to bring an over abundance of drama.  There's a whiner rule for that.

Yeah, we call it the "Troy" rule behind the scenes....

Thanks Nick

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z