Topic: MRS Houston Test & Tune Sunday September 6th

Hey Everyone,

I've spoken with Leslie at MSR Houston and they are willing to offer a Test & Tune session for Lemons participants Sunday September 6th for $200 per car.

They will run the full course clockwise in the direction we race.

Here is what she sent me:

Troy,

Pass this along.

MSR Houston will offer track time to registered Lemons participants on September 6th, 2009 beginning at 9:00 am and ending at 5:00 pm.  If 15 or more registered participants register for the day, MSR Houston will provide 30 minutes every hours for just this group.  Less than 15 participants will result in the track being open sessions all day.  The cost to participate is $200.00.  Cars must meet track safety requirements. The track will run Clockwise as will the race in October.  People that want their cars reviewed for a non-binding Lemons tech inspection will be accommodated.  Instruction may also be purchased on this day.  For further information on registration please visit msrhouston.com.

Thanks,
Leslie

Leslie Mitchell
Director of Marketing and Events
MSR Houston
One Performance Drive
Angleton, Texas
281-627-0661 (cell) 281-369-0677 (office)
leslie@msrhouston.com

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Re: MRS Houston Test & Tune Sunday September 6th

So maybe more than 1 person this time????

Is this strictly for our Lemons cars? Say we were going to postpone our submission for the October race for whatever reason. Could we still get seat time in it or a street car??

Rudy - rudedog - Team Fall Guy Stuntman Association

rudedog wrote:

So maybe more than 1 person this time????

Is this strictly for our Lemons cars? Say we were going to postpone our submission for the October race for whatever reason. Could we still get seat time in it or a street car??

I don't know about the 1 person thing.

Since it's a day offered to Test & Tune teams Lemons car.  I doubt they will let non-teams run their street cars. 

It's at MSR and it's their deal so for a definite answer you need to contact them at msrhouston.com.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Tempting...

Adam
Team JB-Weld

http://lemon.gtxgp.com/sig3.jpg

I think it's a good deal. Close to home no hotel needed. Run the dogshit out our car to see what breaks, over a month to fix it.

Sergio,

That's pretty much the point.  It's a chance to get some bugs out with more than a day to fix them.

Get any new driver's some seat time.

You can get the car looked over for things that may need to be done to pass tech.

All that and it could even be FUN!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

7 (edited by sergio 2009-08-16 11:18 AM)

I'll sign up as soon as our team is in. That means Monday or Tuesday.

It should be lots of fun. I have a set of Victoracers that need finishing off. I know they aren't legal for Lemons but they are fun to drive on. Hope for no rain, especially a hurricane.

I don't know about the 1 person thing.
Since it's a day offered to Test & Tune teams Lemons car.  I doubt they will let non-teams run their street cars.
It's at MSR and it's their deal so for a definite answer you need to contact them at msrhouston.com.

The one person thing is........there was one of these scheduled for before the last race held here at MSR-Houston, and I was the only one to show up. Since our car wasn't and still isn't done, I was asking that if I showed up again, could I just use my street car, that I use for HPDE events, and get some seat time.

Rudy - rudedog - Team Fall Guy Stuntman Association

When I called last week they only had 6 cars entered.  They said if there are less then 15 cars it's a regular driving day but Lemon cars could still go for $200/car.  We'll just be mixed with the street cars.
We'll be going.

txryder wrote:

When I called last week they only had 6 cars entered.  They said if there are less then 15 cars it's a regular driving day but Lemon cars could still go for $200/car.  We'll just be mixed with the street cars.
We'll be going.

I'll be there too.