Topic: windshield crack on passenger side

so how critical are they about windshield cracks?  It doesn't obstruct our view at all, but it is kind of a big and on the passenger side of the car.

Team E=MCHAMMERD

Re: windshield crack on passenger side

Kick it our and run Lexan!  Any plastic or sign company should be able to sell you a piece for about $100+/-.  It's lighter and safer.

We are the people your parents warned you about.

The Fox has a crack from top to bottom on the drivers side.  The officials don't care.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

The Fox has a crack from top to bottom on the drivers side.  The officials don't care.

SAme with our car.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

I was told as long as it doesn't impeded the driver's vision and isn't spiderwebbed, you're fine.  In the coROLLa there were too many cracks and they were spreading, I decided not to risk it.  It was only $216 to replace, not too bad.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Clear tape is probably a good idea around the edges if you're sporting big cracks.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Remember that windshields don't count towards the $500 so you are allowed to replace it should you decide to without penalty.

I second the clear tape, ours was cracked and that's all we did to it.  No problem making it through tech with a cracked windshield though.  Spend the money on something else, like a sneaky pete NOS system.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

cpmskinny wrote:

I second the clear tape, ours was cracked and that's all we did to it.  No problem making it through tech with a cracked windshield though.  Spend the money on something else, like a sneaky pete NOS system.

No need to be sneaky. I'd go with the Fast and Furious twin-bottle setup.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

If you do don't forget to add the 'Danger To Manifold" warning light...LOL!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

actually the fast and furious twin bottle setup might slip through because no one will believe it is real.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

actually the fast and furious twin bottle setup might slip through because no one will believe it is real.

http://www.robertsnitrousservice.com/bottle%20mounts/Dual%2050lb%20bottles%20n2o.jpg
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/633670046078063795-nitrous.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
cpmskinny wrote:

That particular setup may not fint too well in the cockpit of the Colt.  That thing seems to be cramped on just the driver.  We will keep that in mind for the spring race, although it may not be functional, I would like for the cylinder head to remain right where it is.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

cpmskinny wrote:

Used to call it the "Hertz" setup....you'd be amazed how much fun you can have with a Town Car

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....