Re: The New Tunachucker LeMon, Debuting at CMP this May! (Hopefully)

ronman wrote:

Please oh please say the headlight doors still work!
You could rig something up so they wink every few seconds.

They do, actually.  I was thinking about using some of Phil's mad skills with vacuum motors to rig something up with those.  Phil, if you're listening, and have something that we could plumb in, please bring it!

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Obligatory Uncle Buck Car Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPqPDdiiJIw

On a side note, this is hilarious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvkhvUzY … re=related

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I think Phillis Diller eyelashes on said headlight doors would make the other drivers pull over and let the Ford slide right on by.

b

This space for rent.

One vote for the new name being TunaChunkers

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

looks like somebody finally fed the tuna some mayonaise before they got stuffed into a can.  Viola'

nice car.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Uncle Buck theme must be done...sure it was actually a 2-door Marquis but it is the same platform/body style.

Do you know what a hatchet is Bug? I don't think you do...

Our blog, if anyone cares to follow along:

http://www.tunachuckers.com/blog

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

Most excellent bloggage, as always.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

NSF wrote:

I'll do it!!

If we end up side by side I suspect the race is over for everyone behind us.  uh except we will have to pit for fuel every 30 laps or so...

b

I bet them a carwash on Saturday afternoon for the winner on laps that day!  Check my post for the details in Our Crappy Race.

All right, you're on, NSF!  Whichever of either of our teams that does the fewest laps on Saturday has to wash the other team's land yacht!

Oh dear this means the posibility of four "land yacht's"

36 (edited by mechimike 2011-04-18 03:43 AM)

For whatever reason, 2011 seems to be the year of the free LTD.  We were given the burgundy gem that we'll be racing, and come to find out the president of the local Corvair club has a 2 door he wants to part ways with.  We can have it for free, use whatever we want off of it, as long as when we finally bring the carcass to the smelter, we give him the cash from the scales.

Oh, and the car's sitting in a Kudzu field and has no tires.  Hmmm....pictures on the blog as soon as we go attempt to extricate it...hopefully this week.

37 (edited by FJ40Jim 2011-04-18 06:16 AM)

On the "year of free malaise cars" theme, I was given a free 1979 924 several months ago, if I would remove it from the frozen backyard of a sketchy rental house.

done.

And when I mentioned I was considering lemons-ing this fine example, another lemonhead said "Somebody gave me a '77 924 last fall. You can have it for parts if you want it."

Apparently the rest of the world doesn't get how wonderful malaise era motoring can be. <shrug>

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

http://youtu.be/5YKbYLb5GVc - Asssssssshoooooooleeeeeeeee!

Too bad I only just recently realized that Otto is driving one of those throughout Fish Called Wanda.  Get another team to bring a little station wagon painted like Ken's Rasta Mobile and maybe a Jaguar and you have the whole movie.

http://youtu.be/qguwpiDbMws

Our new door mural, always an important part of the Tunachucker car, is done.  Here's a sneak preview:

http://www.roadflares.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&amp;g2_itemId=4209&amp;g2_serialNumber=1

Of course, the LTD Landau still needs about a zillion more things to make it driving, let alone ready to parade down the streets of Camden and zoom zoom around CMP...but at least our door is lookin' good!

Like!!

This space for rent.

If you happen to see this in your rearview mirror during the race, you might want to get out of the way...it means our car or NSF's 6.9 has apparently suffered a major equipment failure...

http://cellar.org/2008/firetrain.jpg

That's not a serious malfunction.  I'd call it just warming up the brakes on the LTD!

This space for rent.

'tis only a flesh wound.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

NSF wrote:

That's not a serious malfunction.  I'd call it just warming up the brakes on the LTD!

Looks more like an electrical problem on the Benz.

Could be both if we're lucky... and if the cars prove unwilling to self-immolate maybe the Track Saboteurs will pay you both a late night visit!

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

The LTD is back on the ground.  Its got 4 new tires, a dual exhaust, is lean, mean, low and ready to go.

mechimike wrote:

The LTD is back on the ground.  Its got 4 new tires, a dual exhaust, is lean, mean, low and ready to go.

But is it ready to stop as well?

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Stopping is over-rated...

We all know the failsafe stopping technique is throwing an anchor out the window...although the track owners might not be happy about that big_smile

PunisherBass wrote:
mechimike wrote:

But is it ready to stop as well?

Eh, Mike is well aware of location of the 'stopping pit' at T1.  Anyway, who needs brakes (sez the guy who built the Parnelli Jones Galaxie)!?!

mechimike wrote:

Lean?  Does that mean you are under 4,000 lbs.?

This space for rent.