Re: Paddock car sabotage overnight at Sears...WEAK!!

We brought our own fuel, except for the 10 gallons that we added after the plug wire deal.
We test drove the car after we were done working on it and I was happy with the performance.

I hope this is not some new trend.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

It is almost always raining in northern California from November to May, so we aren't neophytes to racing in the rain.  We are pretty darn meticulous when it comes to fueling the cars, and we went over and over the "chain of evidence" from the gas pumps to the fuel cell.  Our crew drained the two 25 gallon tanks that we pumped the fuel from to see if there was any water in them.  There wasn't.  It was only about a half gallon or so of water in the fuel cell, not 2.5 gallons as rumored.  I also wouldn't believe that someone ran around with 2.5 gallons of water, but I unfortunately can believe that someone would carry and dump a large Evian bottle's worth of water.

The car with the plug wire off and the car with the water in the tank were about 25 feet from each other overnight.  They were also in the back corner of the paddock, sort of behind a building - by far the most secluded part of the paddock.

Is there "reasonable doubt"?  Absolutely.  Do I think these two issues are a coincidence?  I doubt it.

Move on, everyone.  That little stunt by itself didn't cost us the win.  IF it was sabotage, it was done by some small minded ass hats.  Anyone with so little integrity and such poor judgment probably struggles with bigger issues on a daily basis just trying to get through life than a little water in a gas tank.  If it wasn't sabotage, well then I guess we're the small minded ass hats and found a way with no rain since mid-day on Saturday to get half a gallon of water into our tank.

28 (edited by NSF 2011-03-28 04:04 PM)

Someone smeared rust all over my car and the paint fell off.  I hope they are caught soon.  I think I saw them lurking by Speedycop's Imperial.

This space for rent.

dtfastbear wrote:

I also wouldn't believe that someone ran around with 2.5 gallons of water, but I unfortunately can believe that someone would carry and dump a large Evian bottle's worth of water.

Maybe it was urine.  We're looking for a small-minded ass hat with a large bladder.  Wasn't me.

Scott

doctawife wrote:

Doing any of the above (besides the 90 degree turn) will get you shot in Texas.

By a Judge.  (Hi Scott!)

Just sayin'

Spark plugs come off all the time at a race where engines are being looked at and inspected.  Water in the gas tank, I have seen on 2 separate occasions where water was put into a gas can to flush a radiator, human error is 1000 times more likely than sabotage.  There is NO WAY someone would take a chance doing that with eyes everywhere.  I just don't believe it and will stand by it up until the pint someone fesses up but I don't think anyone would.  Hell even if someone fessed up I would still call BS.

Turning a car 90 degrees, funny but don't touch my race car or I will shoot you in pinky toe.

Justice...with a smile.

Hmmm... just so everyone knows, we're bringing sharks with laser beams attached to their heads to guard our carz at NJMP.  Sharks with lasers will shoot more than just your pinky toe... though we might also offer to fly in Judge Scott.  He's a Marine you know.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug wrote:

Hmmm... just so everyone knows, we're bringing sharks with laser beams attached to their heads to guard our carz at NJMP.  Sharks with lasers will shoot more than just your pinky toe... though we might also offer to fly in Judge Scott.  He's a Marine you know.

I do not miss so I choose the pinky toe to just watch people dance.

Justice...with a smile.

Always the professional. 

BRING JUDGE SCOTT EASTWARDZ!!!

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

34 (edited by Skytrooper 2011-03-28 06:58 PM)

I think that the lack of posts from the "judges" lends credence to the fact that they know of "watergasgate". I am highly dissappointed in the Lemons staff that something like this goes without a substancial post. I can see the non-malevolent pranks, i.e turning the car 90 degrees, but to purposefully sabotage several cars is totally inexcusable. I would say that the organizers owe the triffled with cars a refund. Nothing else would show that they do not want this to go any further. To quote "put up-or shut up". Nice series you are running. I will be taking your races off my list for this year. I would rather not race than have some miscreant screwing with my car.

Matt Z
Baghdad Taxi
2010 - Capitol Offense 79th place CRX hybrid (burns both gas and oil)
2010 - Longest Day 24 hour at Nelson Ledges

I just remembered something (hard to believe, I know)....the Estate actually has a locking gas cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The bummer is I don't have a key :>(  damm damm damm...

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Skytrooper wrote:

I think that the lack of posts from the "judges" lends credence to the fact that they know of "watergasgate". I am highly dissappointed in the Lemons staff that something like this goes without a substancial post. I can see the non-malevolent pranks, i.e turning the car 90 degrees, but to purposefully sabotage several cars is totally inexcusable. I would say that the organizers owe the triffled with cars a refund. Nothing else would show that they do not want this to go any further. To quote "put up-or shut up". Nice series you are running. I will be taking your races off my list for this year. I would rather not race than have some miscreant screwing with my car.

Really?  See yah!

Settle down, tiger.  As others have pointed out, unlike "Little Prick" spray painted on the side of your Pinto, all of the issues reported *could* be unfortunate coincidences.  Unless video evidence comes forward, we'll never KNOW what happened.

IMHO, no one owes anyone anything.  None of the issues were terminal or anything beyond an annoyance.  There's nothing to see here.  Disperse, please!

38 (edited by sublimate 2011-03-28 07:53 PM)

Skytrooper wrote:

I think that the lack of posts from the "judges" lends credence to the fact that they know of "watergasgate".

Are you accusing the judges of having a hand in the sabotage???????????

The Peoples Curse, black flag penalties, and clipping wristbands are not enough to quell their fun-killing blood-thirst so they are reduce to slinking around at night dumping a cup of water in a tank and leaving someone's lights on????

-Victor

Doubt it was sabotage if someone was going around doing it they would be an oppurtunist I would imagine, and our car was in the air with the hood up the entire night and nothing happened. I just highly doubt it. Everyone in the Lemons community is beyond amazingly cool, never seen a better group of racers on the planet.

Skytrooper wrote:

Wow, glad I'll never have to share a recetrack with the likes of you.

I'm still sort of shocked by the whole incident...even that people would vote for the T GT for People's Curse.  Really?

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Skytrooper wrote:

I kinda think it's got nothing to do with the judges - the race ends for the day, the judges go for a lie down somewhere, somebody makes sure they're comfy then closes the casket lid for them until morning - then the next day the racing starts again. In between racing stopping and starting again you're on your own time and responsible for your own stuff.

Is it a terrible thing if people were screwing with other people's things? Yes, of course. If people did this and were found to be LeMoners, should they be banned? Again, of course. But beyond that, it's unfair to even mention the Judges in the same sentence; it's YOUR responsibility to make sure your stuff is secured. I'm happy to consider whatever happened as a one-off and continue being cavalier with my own car and equipment, but I know that it's MY responsibility to make sure nothing happens to it.

I'm kinda new to the state of Texas, but I believe that here, if you're screwing with stuff that doesn't belong to you I am legally entitled to shoot you. My aim isn't as good as Judge Scott's....so pinky toe, testicle, left nipple....one is as probable as the other with me.  smile

Pulp Friction #333 - Overall & Class 'A' winners of the 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lap of Shame - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5U2S-cRd3U

The funny thing is the cars in the top 5 usually come by without an issue totally from What I I've seen in 12 races. Might I say driving the lemon Limo I was passed about 4000 times. I wouldn't be surprised if some drivers used my Rolling Chicane. Strategically.LOL.
My fire extinguisher stolen REALLY! I would have gave You my limo one to use!
  I'm the king of pranks I remember Ryan (lemon demo excavator) and I walked the whole. Paddock painting peoples bumper CAT. Yellow and construction Orange we even put a couple of those tail pipe whisels in a couple cars. You think eyesore got pranked what til I put a car on top of 4 55 gal drums with a forklift.  LOL
  . I always look over everyone stuff at the track and expect the same as my paddock neighbors. I'm the first to volunteer my. Spares for someone else to go racing.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Other than some tool thefts at the squalid, mud-soaked homeless encampment that was Nelson Ledges, I've never heard of any serious ripoffs at a Lemons race. This is the first time I've ever heard of any sabotage to cars at a Lemons race, and I must admit I'm skeptical that such a thing would happen (though Fish and Dean of the Model T GT team aren't the kind of guys who'd make this sort of thing up). Why the hell anyone would want to hose the 8th-place team, which (in addition to being out of contention on Saturday night) is full of guys who are well-known for helping other teams fix their broken-ass cars, is beyond me.

Anyway, if someone who knows anything about this feels like ratting out saboteurs, the Vengeful Fist of the Lemons Supreme Court will come down hard on the perps.

Skytrooper: Quit your gibberish about the judges not giving a shit about the alleged sabotage, eh? Of course we give a shit. I just got off the plane from California a couple hours ago and am still decompressing from working a race with 170 cars, and I tend not to follow every single thread on the forums while I'm still hallucinating the jabbering faces of whining Lemons Penalty Box miscreants.

fabtoys wrote:

In desert racing with Best in the Desert after tech your car is put in impound with security but we still used to duct tape our gas caps and doors That way we could tell if someone messed with it.

Neat trick.

Anyway, there's TOTALLY opportunity - the paddock gets DEAD at night - the only people awake are walking back and forth to the bathrooms, and they're always bleary-eyed and thankful that they aren't up all night thrashing on their cars. I know I wouldn't bat an eye if I walked by some guys fueling a car at 3AM, as long as they're being quiet about it.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

fabtoys wrote:

I'm the king of pranks I remember Ryan (lemon demo excavator) and I walked the whole. Paddock painting peoples bumper CAT. Yellow and construction Orange

Got the corner of our rear bumper in Reno/Fernley in 2009 we got to the track and were like WHAT THE F is that Yellow spot on our bumper then we looked at Ryan's car color and laughed. big_smile

Just to show how much we care, here's the conversation I had with Jay at about 3:00 pm on Saturday.

Me: Dude, you going to Wes's Italian dinner?
Jay: Fuck no. I'm so fucking out of here the second it's over. You?
Me: Fuck no. No offense to Wes, but it's fucking spaghetti. Yeah, the second the checkered comes out I'm gone.
Jay: Oh, dude, I'm so gone. I'm gonna be at the gate with the engine reving, just waiting to dump the clutch.
Me: What are you going to do until then?
Jay: I don't know. Hide somewhere and try to take a nap?
Me: You want to lay down in the back of the Airstream? It's got satellite TV, a leather bed, a heater and a toilet.
Jay: Fuck yes.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Too bad you missed the pasta dinner, it was quite good.  That, or my team had just finished throwing a new motor in the Jeep and hadn't eaten since breakfast, thus anything hot tasted good.  In any event, that was a seriously cool thing for them to do.  The garlic bread was especially tasty.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

TeamPettyCash wrote:

Too bad you missed the pasta dinner, it was quite good.  That, or my team had just finished throwing a new motor in the Jeep and hadn't eaten since breakfast, thus anything hot tasted good.  In any event, that was a seriously cool thing for them to do.  The garlic bread was especially tasty.

-Matt

You missed the entire point of what I wrote.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Phil, Jonny AND Scott all in the same thread?! If that ain't judicial collusion I don't know what is!!!1!

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I found the perpetrators!
http://thelostjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/wet-bandits.jpg

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360