Topic: Tach with built in rev limiter?

I'm looking for a tach with a built in rev limiter as I though it would save some $, but I'm not coming up with anything except for a Stack for more than it costs to enter a race, and then vintage Mallory tachs. Can anyone point me in better direction? Or should I just go separate tach and rev limiter?

Re: Tach with built in rev limiter?

I have an older MSD unit with rev limit pills, I don't use it... contact me if interested, you can have it on an extended loan..... like forever.

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

we dont need no stinkin dresses......

51 time Loser.

LeMonster wrote:

we dont need no stinkin dresses......

speak for yourself:

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LSP11/Sears_Pointless_11-0080.jpg

5 (edited by LeMonster 2011-04-21 11:07 PM)

Well,   Maybe you do Spank.   Are you starting a internet dress shop on the side??  I would of thought you had enough "fine european aoutomobiles" to keep you busy.......  oh, maybe you need to make some extra $$ for parts......   You got a size 18 cocktail dress in fire engine red??

51 time Loser.

Mallory made a rev-limiting tach a zillion years back. now only avail about every six months on ebay. I have one, it's likely to go in the beetle... I'll look for another.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage- … ccessories
~is cheap, thus far~

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mallory- … ccessories
~is not cheap - at all~

anything wrong with these that you can see?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Single-S … ccessories

It's probably got the same electronics as the Mallory Tach. Should work for you. and be a touch easier to find/afford. If you used Bosch distributors you could use a rev-limiting rotor. But you don't.

I was thinking of getting a cheapo shift-light and wiring it to a relay that'll kill the ignition.  Has anyone else done this?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

RichVS wrote:

I was thinking of getting a cheapo shift-light and wiring it to a relay that'll kill the ignition.  Has anyone else done this?

So you will have to restart the engine every time you hit the limiter?  I guess that is one way to keep drivers from over reving the engine!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Err, Hack it so that when the light comes on at whatever set point, it interrupts the power to the coil.  I didn't mean to imply a permanent switching.  I was fishing to see if anyone had done this.  You can get junky chinese shift lights on ebay very cheaply.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

13 (edited by Spank 2019-06-25 09:00 PM)

[edit-- HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!  is it just ME or does anyone else post replies to one thread but after you login it send you to another thread that you are posting a response to?]

Spank wrote:

...but after you login it sends you to another thread...

For me, about half the time. To the limited extent that I've tried to find a pattern, it seems random in terms of when this occurs and which thread is selected, with perhaps a slight bias towards recent threads.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
Spank wrote:

...but after you login it sends you to another thread...

For me, about half the time. To the limited extent that I've tried to find a pattern, it seems random in terms of when this occurs and which thread is selected, with perhaps a slight bias towards recent threads.

Same here. It's kinda odd.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.