Re: Calling all CRAZY Lemons racers... (SHORT NOTICE RACING IDEAS)

Dude... If you Boss Hog that car and I being an extra wide body loud mouthed Merican am not able to be there to partake (which I won't be) I am gonna be so hella sad.

With that said... go for it! Save the BiTurbo for later and rock the great big GM goodness!

ALSO!!! As we can be sure the dude is not going to sell that nasty camino, it will still be there for next springs GingerRace and we can talk about trying this again once the dude has had some time to figure out what a tool he is.

Daniel Sycks

We're coming to Gingerman!

We'll be bringing an unprepped, untouched, major repairs required vehicle (hopefully the Eldo). We'll need help prepping/welding/painting. Moral support and ridicule/catcalls/jeers welcomed. DRIVERS wanted. We have 3. More would reduce costs from $500 each to $3-400 each.
DO SOMETHING EPIC THIS WEEKEND, JOIN US WHILE YOU CAN!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I've been eyeballing old Eldos for awhile, too...a 69 was the only year with the hi-perf 500 and would be awesome.  I think it made like 400HP. 

Which is why a Deep Malaise Eldo would be even perfect-er.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

79 (edited by cbustapeck 2011-07-14 11:52 AM)

I took another look at the craigslist post, and noticed that the price was "or best offer".

I just emailed him a cash offer. Hopefully he'll find your offer to be much more reasonable at this point.

(Yes, I know this is awfully last minute, but hey, isn't that what this is about? And it's not like I'm being a total dick here - if he accepts my offer, I'll gladly follow through with the purchase.)

Wonder how many laps the sidewalls of my trusty Fusion painted wide white walls will take with that heavy pig?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

cbustapeck wrote:

I took another look at the craigslist post, and noticed that the price was "or best offer".

I just emailed him a cash offer. Hopefully he'll find your offer to be much more reasonable at this point.

(Yes, I know this is awfully last minute, but hey, isn't that what this is about? And it's not like I'm being a total dick here - if he accepts my offer, I'll gladly follow through with the purchase.)

Which car?

The El Camino.

Good luck. He's not returning my calls like he promised. I'd still love to get it, but not $1900 worth...

The Eldo is more LeMony-priced.  There's nothing to sell off that El Camino to get it under $500.

You don't know how tempted I would be to fly up to michigan to thrash that Eldo onto the track...

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Speedycop wrote:

Anybody that's gonna be there know Maseratis? It has wiring and charging issues...

well surprise, surprise.  wink

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

The Lemons Supreme Court will smile upon any team that donates expertise, sweat, and/or parts to this incredibly good idea over the weekend.

We might need a good generator. My is new, but it ain't starting at the moment, and if I remember correctly, they didn't have power hookups at Gingerman. Is that still the case?

88 (edited by EriktheAwful 2011-07-14 03:08 PM)

I've been eyeballing old Eldos for awhile, too...a 69 was the only year with the hi-perf 500 and would be awesome.  I think it made like 400HP.

1970, and it ain't the 400 horsepower that should attract you, it's the 550 pound feet of torque.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_V … 7s_largest

Edit: BTW, you can put 425 heads on the low-compression motors to bring the horsepower back up. You'll want to widen the exhaust ports and polish the runners and there is a steam hole to open up. There's three forums I know of that can tell you more, but all I can remember right now is www.500cid.com.

Speedycop wrote:

We might need a good generator. My is new, but it ain't starting at the moment, and if I remember correctly, they didn't have power hookups at Gingerman. Is that still the case?

You can use mine, well be there 2-2:30 on Friday.

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

Will it run a welder?

Caddy got sold. El Camarino boy is an unresponsive deuche. The Maserati is loaded. You guys will cry when you see how clean it is, especially when I break out the sawzall and ditch the roof. I have to, to drop the beefy oversized Caddy/T-bird cage in as a whole. See you in the AM.

rock'n, I'll be in ChiTown around 5.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

There has to be a big article on this one...

Sawzall convertible Maserati biturd. No prep work.

This can ONLY end well.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

Sawzall convertible Maserati biturd. No prep work.

You guys are insane!   I so wish I was there, but I'll be working on Spank's Simca.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Speedycop - did you get the crew filled?  Sent you an email.  If you still need a driver/wrencher, I'm interested and could be there within 5 hours of getting notice.  If no word by lunch time, I'll assume you have it all covered.  If anybody close to the situation sees this before speedycop, give him a heads up. 

Give me a call or email if you need another person.

Jim

jmosher30@gmail.com
317-440-4866

Jim - Subliminal Racing #711(fka No Whammies/All Whammies #71 CRX)
CRX Capitol Offense '10 - 25th/Bull Oil - '10 - 11th/Blago '10 - Death of CRX
E30  Gingervitis '11 - DNF/Schlock Shootout '11 - 4th/Gingervitis '12 - 2nd/Schlock Shootout '12 - 1st/Chubba '12 - 5th/Irony 12 - 4th

Feel free to come out and wrench! We're gonna stick to the 4 drivers we have, though. We stopped about a half hour from the track and snagged THE WORST CAR IN THE STATE, POSSIBLY IN Lemons HISTORY, to cage and run. You will see pics posted in a new thread shortly, once we get unloaded...

Worst car in michigan? Those are strong strong words my friend.

Daniel Sycks

In ChiTown now, should be at the track in a few hours.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's