Topic: First ever shared Organizer's Choice!?

Speedycop & the Gang of Outlaws would like to share the Organizer's Choice award we received at Gingerman with our brethren from team Gute Bier, and their magnificent blimp!  Those guys came to me Friday asking if we had tubing for a second driver's door bar so that they could get through tech. They offered to help with our Impala rustbucket in exchange for me cutting and welding in said tube. We got the better end of that deal, because their whole crew of six guys spent more time helping us than I spent on their car. They were invaluable! They clearly spent hundreds of hours on the new blimp theme, and it TOTALLY KICKS ASS!

I see why Nick had a tough time choosing this one. They clearly spent more time planning and building than we did. We spent more time (over 24 hours round trip) driving to the track,  and we spent about 18 hours thrashing to get the car prepped from scratch, even with their help. Lemons staffers have to make tough decisions every race, and this was one of them. It could have gone either way and been justified.

To that end, and given the collaborative effort between our two teams this weekend, we ask that the Lemons powers that be change the official record to reflect a first-ever shared Organizer's Choice. We will send Team Gute Bier $250 as their half of the winnings. They received the Heroic Fix trophy as well, so we each have a trophy from this event.  We think this is the fairest way to recognize all their hard work, both on their car and ours. If anyone has contact info for them, let me have it please, or send them this link.

Lemons HQ, is this okay by you?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: First ever shared Organizer's Choice!?

When we first pulled into the paddock, I saw the blimp sticking up and thought "Oh cool, somebody brought a beer trailer", then I saw that there was a car underneath it. It looked incredible out there with it's spinning props and control cab. Not slow either! They broke their cam and blocked off half the motor to run it on 3 cylinders. It worked for a couple laps, then started belching smoke. For a moment, we thought it might catch on fire. Oh the humanity!

EPIC THEME.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

I endorse this noble request.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

WTG Speedycop! And sharing the wealth is pretty cool too.

squidbreath wrote:

I endorse this noble request.

+ eleventy-billion

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

The Gute Bier aka Slayer car guys are a class act and they did an amazing job on the theme.  The pix don't don't even do it justice - it was a sight to behold!.  And, that soft sided blimp/zeppelin stayed intact after a full day of racing.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Wait - it was soft sided? PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS FULL OF HELIUM

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Sounds like I missed a great race. Wish I could have been away from the ranch but just not meant to be.

Congrats to all involved in these noble endeavors.

Daniel Sycks

EyeMWing wrote:

Wait - it was soft sided? PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS FULL OF HELIUM

I've launched weather balloons-- that much helium would consume a big chunk of a $500 budget.  Hydrogen is a lot cheaper (and lighter, since this is a racing application).

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

DOH!!! Hydrogen could NEVER fail!

Daniel Sycks

I'm pretty sure it was filled with hydrogen and painted with thermite, just like the Hindenberg. This is Lemons, so strict adherence to tradition is critical.

I'm still agonizing over the blimp-versus-Impala Org Choice decision. Heroic Fix was going to the Blimp no matter what.

Judge Phil wrote:

I'm still agonizing over the blimp-versus-Impala Org Choice decision. Heroic Fix was going to the Blimp no matter what.

Well, we done fixed that for you.  Org-split, everybody wins!

I love this community.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Crab Spirits wrote:

Oh the humanity!

http://www.nytimes.com/images/blogs/laughlines/thehugemanatee.jpg

#(1)75 (was #74) Dirt Cheap Racing (driver/wrench/cool suit cooler fabricator/accountant/substitute captain) - '88 Mustang turbo-4, in garish stickers over spray chrome!
2011 - Garrapatas (11th / 3rd in B), Heaps in the Heart of Texas (19th / 3rd in B)
2012 and 2013 - Lemons didn't fit into our schedule
2014 - Heaps in the Heart of Texas

Theme for next race:  "The Flaming Gas Bags"

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

16 (edited by Robo Squirrel 2011-07-19 06:43 AM)

Hey guys! On behalf of all the members of team Blimpenkraft/Bust a Nut/Sleigher (i was the dude wearing the german army stuff) I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude/bro-love for the speedycop troop. Its beyond badass that you guys are willing to share your award with us. And really we prob couldnt have even gotten the damn thing running on 3 cyls without everyones help and borrowed tools. Working on the Impala was a blast and we were happy to help, thats what Lemons is all about. The cage mods speedycopzales did for us were great and we couldnt have teched without him since we dont know shit about welding, lol.

Also we would be happy to accept splitting the award, that would be incredibly gracious.  It would be nice if it was officailly recognized as the first split Organizer's Choice award, but we totally understand if that's not possible.  It could set a messy precident for future events.  We are just honored that you (Speedycop) would be so selfless.  Thanks guys!

17 (edited by Speedycop 2011-07-19 06:52 AM)

Done. Email me a mailing or Paypal address at speedycop@comcast.net, and your well-deserved half of the winnings will be forwarded as soon as the Lemons check clears.

We still *NEED* this to be officially sanctioned. I understand split awards is not something Lemons themselves can do without ruffling feathers, but in this case both parties worked together towards the same goal (a couple of totally badass cars), and would prefer to share.

Lemons HQ, can you bless this officially?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

^ AWESOME SAUZ thanks Speedycop!

Glad to see this came to pass. We were talking before the awards and Blimp deserved it also.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Our Great Leader (the Chief Perp himself) has spoken.

So it has been written, so it shall be done.

21 (edited by Tango 2011-07-19 05:03 PM)

Hats off to Speedycop & the Gang of Outlaws and Blimpenkraft/Bust a Nut/Sleigher. You're teams are awesome and really know how to step it up. I thought the Santa Clause slayer couldn't have been out done, but then a beer blimp shows up and when you guys were walking to tech throwing beer cans with parachutes, that was hilarious and wish I had a video. Speedycop guys are class act and raise the keep raising the bar. Nice work to both of your teams and hope to see you guys Autobahn. Glad to see the Organizer's choice was shared! Also, congrats to Skidmarks racing for another victory. They ran clean and quick for an overall W.

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

KICK ASS EPICSAUCE!!!!!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Speedycop wrote:

Our Great Leader (the Chief Perp himself) has spoken.

So it has been written, so it shall be done.

praise the lawd! smile

Tango wrote:

Hats off to Speedycop & the Gang of Outlaws and Blimpenkraft/Bust a Nut/Sleigher. You're teams are awesome and really know how to step it up. I thought the Santa Clause slayer couldn't have been out done, but then a beer blimp shows up and when you guys were walking to tech throwing beer cans with parachutes, that was hilarious and wish I had a video. Speedycop guys are class act and raise the keep raising the bar. Nice work to both of your teams and hope to see you guys Autobahn. Glad to see the Organizer's choice was shared! Also, congrats to Skidmarks racing for another victory. They ran clean and quick for an overall W.

THANKS MENG! smile