Topic: It's a Million to One Shot..(Pardon me brutha, can you spare an a18a?)

But it just might work....

Team Swamp Shack Maniacs blew up their Honda Prelude in testing today at NPR. I was still in New Orleans waiting till the morning to show up (last minute work) and watching the Saints kick the sh*t out of San Fran when I got the call. Where do you find a 2nd Gen Prelude a18a engine at 10 O'clock on a Friday?

So I check craigslist.....

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/tempo200.jpg
Leaving town, Must Sell Fast!

Yup, she's a beauty. 1994 Ford Tempo. Original Owner with 125k miles on the clock, and a leaky brake line. Original Upstate NY car, so you know she's a bit crusty on the bottom.

I think we'll dub her "Plan B" in case we can't come up with an engine...but then we'd have to figure out how to shove a Prelude cage into a Tempo in less than 24 hours....

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

Re: It's a Million to One Shot..(Pardon me brutha, can you spare an a18a?)

Spec Tempo...

I smell an IOE candidate.

Daniel Sycks

What could possibly go wrong?

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Yea, I hope you fare better than the 49ers.

I can hear phil's grin from here.  Spec tempo, ftw!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

"Million to one shots work out 9 times out of 10!" - "Guards, Guards!", Terry Pratchett

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Remove roof, insert cage, reinstall roof.

8 (edited by pennintj 2011-08-15 12:20 PM)

Akaishi wrote:

"Million to one shots work out 9 times out of 10!" - "Guards, Guards!", Terry Pratchett

Man I'm glad someone caught that reference.

I sorta named the Tempo "Plan B" owing to its status as backup. However now I think I'll just call it Binky.

Damn thing went the 160 Miles round-trip from New Orleans to NPR without skipping a beat. Tracks and runs better than my daily driver Ford Ranger, and gets better gas mileage to boot. (est 20+/- MPG) Plods along like the last one I drove, 20-some years ago for my Driver's Test.

Actually, re-thinking this. Given the appearance, and how I'd describe the car, Nobby is probably a better name.

Nobby, perhaps, should have been disqualified from the human race (for shoving).
http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Nobby_Nobbs

Yeah, that sounds about right.

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom