Topic: Lemons South Fall Murilee Martin Bumper Cam footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6gf4NqV5g
Phil, thanks again for the camera. You are indeed the man. More vids to come later. Too bad we blew the head gasket(s), our car really had potential this time, as the video shows. V8 sound FTW!!!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: Lemons South Fall Murilee Martin Bumper Cam footage

good video! your car was great, sucks you dealt with so many cooling system woes.

That car was one of the fastest things on the track, when running. Thanks for volunteering for camera duty.

By the way, BumperCam II, complete with CHDK intervalometer script, went on the Tunachucker Amazon's C pillar and got some great shots. Will post a few as soon as I've done some photo sorting.

Great Video -

Let's compare CMP & Nelson's Ledges

CMP                  Nelsons
Wide                  Not
Smooth             Not close to smooth
Slow corners     Nope
Bright sun         Nope, night is so dark you'll have nightmares
Run off room      Nope, you leave the pavement, you takes yo chances.

Basically everything you saw on that video,,,. we don't have in Ohio.

Here is a Nelson's Lemons driving tip - When you car is bouncing over the bumps and uneven pavment, wait until you land before steering.   

It kind of goes like this... bounce, land, steer, bounce, land, steer, bounce, land, brake.    Don't bother turning while your in in the air, it only tires out your arms.   If your teamates get sea sick you should be sure to get in front of them in the driving order.

If you go off in the swamp, don't get scared.  The misquitos can sense fear.  Just wait for day light, then start a fire, the corner workers are sure to send out a party to find you.

Nelson's Ledges in the dark .... it ain't for sissy's.

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

MurileeMartin wrote:

By the way, BumperCam II, complete with CHDK intervalometer script, went on the Tunachucker Amazon's C pillar and got some great shots. Will post a few as soon as I've done some photo sorting.

awesome. cant wait to see them

arse-sweat-apalosa thunderhill 2011 : team killer zomBee!

Spud wrote:

Great Video -

Let's compare CMP & Nelson's Ledges

CMP                  Nelsons
Wide                  Not
Smooth             Not close to smooth
Slow corners     Nope
Bright sun         Nope, night is so dark you'll have nightmares
Run off room      Nope, you leave the pavement, you takes yo chances.

Basically everything you saw on that video,,,. we don't have in Ohio.

Here is a Nelson's Lemons driving tip - When you car is bouncing over the bumps and uneven pavment, wait until you land before steering.   

It kind of goes like this... bounce, land, steer, bounce, land, steer, bounce, land, brake.    Don't bother turning while your in in the air, it only tires out your arms.   If your teamates get sea sick you should be sure to get in front of them in the driving order.

If you go off in the swamp, don't get scared.  The misquitos can sense fear.  Just wait for day light, then start a fire, the corner workers are sure to send out a party to find you.

Nelson's Ledges in the dark .... it ain't for sissy's.

Spud

Yep, that all sounds about right.  Our manual steering Z car will be quite the workout.   Hope our lighting plan is good enough and the 50amp alternator can power them!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584