Topic: Lucky 7 club (completed only 7 laps in a Lemons race)

Lemons south 2008 brought my team and me the joy of Lemons racing. With that came the defeat of only completing 7 laps in that race. Three races later, and the SVX/I is/am still competing. Who else has gotten the "Lucky 7" treatment? I think the disgracers only completed 7 laps @ CMP last weekend, for one.

Re: Lucky 7 club (completed only 7 laps in a Lemons race)

Plenty of teams have blown up during testing, getting off the trailer, etc. and had no laps during the race. Do they get the Lucky Zero award?

There are people who blow up motors in practice and don't fix them?

Why did they get accepted in the first place lol

4 (edited by Disney 2009-09-17 06:31 PM)

Yup!!!  If you only got 7 laps (not 6 or less, not 8 or more) then YES!!  You too are entitled to the Lucky # 7 award!!!  Anyone who can document a legit 7 laps for their POS car, i'll make a personalized trophy for!!!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Plenty of teams have blown up during testing, getting off the trailer, etc. and had no laps during the race. Do they get the Lucky Zero award?

Ouch.  I think if they blew up that soon, they get the "You suck at detecting a rod knock" award.

I think we had at least 5 cars totally, permanently kaput before the inspections at the New Orleans race.

Next time you throw a rod, just get a couple of deep cycle marine batteries and race your car on the starter.  INSTANT HYBRID!

FreeRange wrote:

Because they are  like you and me fresh off the turnip truck and expecting everything to be perfect when they start up their perfectly tuned race car and win the race. Duh.... I didn't think we would blow our motor at Reno during testing, and the bast.rds at Pick and Pull didn't have a brand new motor for us to put in our car.

No more.... We bring a back up to everything even shorts so when we blow the second motor within a day we won't be thinking we could have done better.

Oh by the way. Tell them about the two extra motors your bringing. "I DARE YOU"

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

Because they are  like you and me fresh off the turnip truck and expecting everything to be perfect when they start up their perfectly tuned race car and win the race. Duh.... I didn't think we would blow our motor at Reno during testing, and the bast.rds at Pick and Pull didn't have a brand new motor for us to put in our car.

No more.... We bring a back up to everything even shorts so when we blow the second motor within a day we won't be thinking we could have done better.

I was wondering how long it would take you to pick up on this thread Paul smile  I was sort of poking at you with my comment!

And yes, we bought 2 motors and a tranny for $200 that were growing blackberries through them... I have pictures of the guy's house we bought them from.  It reminds of a Lemons paddock smile  Here's hoping they are in good enough shape to be brought back to life

FreeRange wrote:
Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take you to pick up on this thread Paul smile  I was sort of poking at you with my comment!

And yes, we bought 2 motors and a tranny for $200 that were growing blackberries through them... I have pictures of the guy's house we bought them from.  It reminds of a Lemons paddock smile  Here's hoping they are in good enough shape to be brought back to life

Poking! Hell you were stabbing!:D

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Of course with zero laps you still might not finish last since there seems to often be teams that end in the negatives.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page